Argon 18 Gallium Pro Road Bike

Best Price At
Available At

Optimal balance is Argon 18's design and fabrication philosophy and the pinnacle of that philosophy is achieved with the Gallium Pro, official bike of pro team Team SpiderTech.

[Apr 23, 2015]
mainecyclist

OVERALL
Strength:

stiff, fast in sprints, climbs like a goat, comfortable geometry (so far)

Zip

Own or owned an Orbea, BMC, Ridley, and Treks (multiple). Even at the elite level of an Orbea Orca - no slouch, for sure - the A18 was noticeably faster in sprints and climbing. Not sure if it's be worth the retail cost of the 2015 Pro frameset at $3900, but fortunately for me I got a steal on a 2014 and I love it. Weighs out at 14lbs with pedals and cages. (2014 frame set no matter what limited choices are below.)

Orbea Orca, BMC SLC01, Trek Madone SL,

[Apr 14, 2014]
David

OVERALL
Strength:

light, stiff, responsive, nimble handling, FAST when sprinting and climbing & great all-round bikes

BB86 pressfit is an uncommon parts, need 2-days to search for it

this bike suits for those who craved for sprint finish, stable rides, nimble handling and FAST cornering
i've tried some other bikes like FP, specialized venge or Dogma. Those are great bikes too, but argon was something else...the brand may be uncommon, or when some people asking you "hey what bike do you owned? argon? what kind of bike is it? is it a new brand?"
but after endurance ride 110km in 2hours 55minutes, sprinting above 55kmh, or climbing at 8-14% elevation then they start to talk differently..
THIS bike is a wonderful choice, comfortable yet stiff, nimble yet fast...what should i said here...well let's say this bike is WELL-BALANCED

[May 28, 2013]
John H

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, comfortable, responsive. Great looks.

None yet. Once you set up the 3D headtube and dial in the fit, this bike rocks.

I have a 2010 Gallium and now a 2013 Gallium Pro. The Pro is lighter, stiffer and overall crisper handling than the Gallium. The ride remains supple and yet fast. This is definately a race-ready bike and excels at descending as well as climbing. Like the 2010 Gallium, the bike descends with confidence and stability at speeds of about 50mph. I only have 400 miles on the new bike, so 50mph has been the max so far. (and that's plenty for me...)
The bike is also comfortable on rides that extend beyond a couple hours. I have not experienced any pain in switching bikes.
Overall, I am very pleased with this bike.

Specialized Roubaix
Argon18 Gallium

[Dec 24, 2012]
George

OVERALL
Strength:

Rigid, quick, stable, yet has a great ride quality, alomost a susspended feel.

I've owned 2 Scott's a DBR and a Specialized SL3, none of which come close to the Argon 18 !
The only bike I've ridden as good as the Galium Pro is my friends Dogma. That's saying a lot !
I love this bike ! I will buy it again and again ! Get one you will not be disapointed !

Scott CR1, Specialized SL3, Pinarello Dogma

[Oct 25, 2012]
Bill S

OVERALL
Strength:

RIde quality, comfort, stiffness, weight. This thing is light, fast and comfortable enough for me to ride all day. The 2013 matte black/red color scheme is hot!

My Argon 18 is actually a 2013 model, but the site does not let me indicate that yet. I just got this bike, so I have not put tons of miles on it yet. But compared it already blows away others I have ridden - I was honestly blow away on the first ride. I am a larger rider - 6'2"/210lbs (muscular - not fat, but not light). It is a challenge to find a frame that does not feel like a noodle. The CAAD 10 is stiff and surprisingly comfortable, but this is better. It is as stiff as my NeipPryde (which tends to beat me up on long rides), but as comfortable as the CAAD 10. Honestly, it is the best of those two bikes. (FYI, for comparison purposes, both of those bikes were ridden with SRAM Red (older style) and the same wheels)

The big surprise for me was the weight. I gave up "lightweight" in favor of stiffness some time ago. I built this up with the HED Ardennes wheels for that reason. It comes in at just under 16 pounds - AMAZING for a 60 cm frame that is not spaghetti when you ride it! The low weight and stiffness mean that it climbs and accelerates like a rocket. The "Horizontal Dual System" that they talk about really does mean that the bike is comfortable. I can't say what it rides like for a 160 pound racer, but for a "stallion" or "clydesdale",this bike is definitely worth a close look.

Cannondale CAAD 10, NeilPryde Diablo, Felt AR-1

[Jun 09, 2012]
david paton

OVERALL
Strength:

It's fast, comfortable and looks good

I want a new one

I have had a lot of bikes and this will be the first brand that I will buy for a second time.

[Apr 05, 2012]
The Espresso Guy

OVERALL
Strength:

Rigidity, speed, responsiveness, looks and above all ride quality.

After riding a Colnago Master Xtra-Light I thought my road experience could not get any better; Oh how wrong I was!
I took this bike for a store test ride and bought it the next morning.
It rides on flat roads like it is floating and climbs like it is in a rush to be somewhere, all with a unsurpassed level of comfort.

Colnago Master Xtra-Light, Eddy Merkx

[Nov 11, 2010]
Reddsunn

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff but forgiving, light weight and one that will stand out from all the others.

I have ridden/ owned many bikes but this one stands out above the rest. I've never had a bike that was the best at everything it does until now. They designed the frame to be extremely stiff in the chainstay/ BB area, bottom tube and head tube. The seat stay, seat tube and top tube are more forgiving which really makes this bike my favorite of all time. It stays stiff and staight over bumps but doesn't pound you like others I've used. Cornering seems precise, no flex on the bb area and with my weight (225lbs) that is a great thing. Also the front is very stiff (1 1/4 headset) and there is no noticable flex at all. Just a smooth, quick and light weight rocket on wheels

BH, Giant, Kestrel, Trek, Specialized

[Nov 05, 2010]
max kaldenberg

OVERALL
Strength:

This is a good looking well built bike-very well put together. Three hour rides are a pleasure-you dont get beat up-but still have a firm ride--step on the peddles and you go--very responsive to any request you make---speed, climbing decsnts and stopping--Yes i wood buy it again--infact I did--they say its good to have a second bike for a spare / back up. So I ordered a new 2011 Galliup pro to go with the 2010.

After 2500+ miles havent found the weakness yet--just not enought time to be on the bike.

I started riding again after a 20 lay off-- I needed a new bike, after reading and going to many bike shops I chose a Argon 18 Gallium Pro--it looks great, stands out from the other brands-that make me try harder- I ride about 4 times a week-usually 30 to 40 miles per ride-the bike is quick and responsive very comfortable for 2-3 hr rides feels good on both climbing and fast decesnt 35-40 mph- its a firm frindley bike to ride.

[Apr 05, 2010]
Joni

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, solid, reponsive, sure and quick handler, beautiful, fabulous ride, light, nimble... name it!!!

Weakness????

2009 Gallium Pro
A GREAT bike. A racing machine you can use everyday. Comfy and reponsive. Great design innovations. Can't think of a btter machine. Th best bang for the buck you can find!! That's it!!!

Argon 18 Krypton RPT, Cannondale CAD 8, Trek 5200, Scoot CR1, etc...