Argon 18 Radon Road Bike

The Radon is a proven, efficient bike in any situation. Combining aluminum and carbon, this frameset is race-ready.

[Aug 28, 2009]
Andy Gunn

OVERALL
Strength:

Very fast and excellent feel on hills. Very good response to acceleration. Quite a nimble bike.

None so far.

This is my second racing bike, and tested several newer bikes before settling on this. It is an interesting mix of being very stiff on curves and fast downhill runs while being a smooth ride. It handles rough roads (common around here) with ease.

Tested Cannondale CAA8 and Guru Strada with near identical components.

[Aug 08, 2009]
chriscpad

OVERALL
Strength:

Good stiff frame, nice strong wheels. Responds beautifully, brakes well, runs very straight and true, corners smoothly and evenly. Plenty of acceleration available. Very comfortable, quiet, corners easily and reliably (compared to the Giant), not twitchy at all - very smooth. Excellent paint job on the frame, very well finished.

Lots of torque reqd on the seat post clamp - single bolt. I have moved from Ultegra (2005) to 105 (2009), so far that is not an issue at all and apparently will not be.

What a fantastic bike, strong and stiff, I love the geometry of the frame and front forks - they work very well together especially when the power is on. Have only done 1 steep climb, (another coming tomorrow) and it just ate it up - faster, quicker, smoother and I know I put less effort into it than on the Giant, Tracks very true, smooth, flattens the bumps, good frame weight. Spins very easily with the ceramic bearings, I am very pleased I got these fitted. Size large - I am 186 cm & 82 kg, the frame was easy to set up, very carefully measured and adjusted by Cyclespeed. I have read some disparaging reviews on the Ultremo tyres, so far I disagree with those reviews, I have found them marvellous, plenty of grip on downhill corners and the grip they offer certainly saved me from a fall on my last ride.

Moved up from Giant OCR zero and glad I did.

[Nov 24, 2007]
Jo Lunn

OVERALL
Strength:

Aluminium triangle, carbon forks and stays

Well designed, very good value, sharp looking bike