Cannondale SuperSix Hi-MOD 1 Road Bike

• Stem: FSA OS-99 CSI

[Feb 12, 2012]
Sam Jeffs

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight
Stiffness
Comfort
Cornering

Aggressive geometry, that's it.

I must admit it I love my 2008 Supersix Hi-mod. I've previously ridden decent aluminium compact road frames and decided to move to a more aggressive carbon frame. I brought this bike as a frame set so have put my own components on it. In essence it's a super light weight carbon frame that surprised me with it's road dampening abilities. It won't be for every rider as the geometry definitely has me in a much more aero position than the previous compact frame. However the handling, stiffness, weight and speed more than make up for the slightly more uncomfortable riding position. I've been very pleasantly surprised with how much it reduces road vibration, and I've been able to stay in the saddle longer despite the geometry due to the comfort from the frame. The other major advantages are climbing and cornering, the frame is sensational at putting every pedal effort onto the road and it's a real blast to climb on. I find myself looking forward to my group ride climbs so I can mash the pedals. On the descents it sticks to the road like glue, and mean I'm cornering far faster than before due to much more confidence. I would recommend this frame to anyone with an OK back who is looking for a lightning fast and smooth ride.