Devinci Chicane Road Bike

Frame Material: aluminum
Frame Angles: Unspecified
Sizes: large, medium, small, xsmall
Colors: Unspecified
Pedals: Wellgo WPD-823 clipless
Tires: 700 x 23c Michelin Dynamic

[Oct 09, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

Value for money. Chuckability. FSA equipment. Looks great.

Promax brakes.

Bargain at that price. Replaced an older alloy/RSX equipped no-name Extreme Reaction. Mine came with the Gipiemme Platinum wheelset - better than the ones specced. New carbon handlebars (Ambrosio - second hand) and carbon seatpost (Zoom - direct and bargain) due to vibration on my coarse-chip roads locally. New seat due to crash (insurance bought me a Selle Italia Flite). Put older Shimano 600 brakes which are better than the Promax. Nice compact frame, responds well and performs better than expected. Tiagra works just fine.

Extreme Reaction
Giant OCR1
Bauer Warp

[Jun 30, 2007]
James Stainton

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, relitively inexpensive, very smooth and crisp feel to the ride, clean shifting and braking.

The two caps holding the tape onto the end of the handle has come loose, but this is easilly fixable by spendin a couple bucks to buy new better fitting caps.

I shopped around all over the area for bikes and was about to buy the giant 0cr3 when I stumbled acroos this little gem! With better derailer Tiagra vs sora and better frame quality it easily swayed me over from the giant. It has been ana amazing bike with a very smooth crisp feel to it. I would reccomend this bike to anyone espeacially anyone not ready to break the bank for a bike!

Trek 1000
Giant OCR 3
Norco CRD 3

[Apr 13, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

I have only been on the bike for a month but i have had lots of great experiences so far. Have gotten lots of compliments of the look and design of the bike from friends and strangers, most of whom ride bikes 3-5 times the price I paid for the Chicane. The bike has a handmade frame, weighs 3.34 lbs. If you look around you can get a great deal on the '04, i got it for under $1000 with taxes. Comes with stock Michelin tires, and decent aftermarket seat stem and handlebar (Ritchey). Also the bike is Built in Canada.

Some consider a weakness Shimano SORA shifters a weakness but being a beginner I could care less about them, so far I have done about 250 km and I haven't had a problem yet.

Great all around bike for the beginner. Its the right price to get you into the sport and great Quality. I just started riding this year, I am a swimmer and a runner for years so i decided to give the triathlon a shot... why not?

While hunting for the right bike I tested the: Specialized Allez Allez Sport Devinci Apex When it came down to decision time I was looking at the Allez Sport and the Chicane. Both were within $100 of eachother but the Quality of the Chicane won me over. (Not to mention it looks a hell of a lot nicer)