Devinci Silverstone Road Bike

Frame Material: aluminum/carbon fiber
Frame Angles: Unspecified
Sizes: large, medium, small, xsmall
Colors: Unspecified
Tires: 700 x 23c Michelin Axial Pro Race

[Aug 08, 2018]
DevinciRider546

OVERALL
Strength:

Did a 350 km bike tour with it and it held up just as well as bikes 2-3x it’s price. (I have Easton racing Rims). I bike all the time and gear shifting as well as the ride is smooth and I wouldn’t trade it for any other bike remotely close in price range. If you love riding this bike will not disappoint!

Can’t think of any

Model Year:
2014
[Feb 28, 2013]
The Tall

OVERALL
Strength:

Quality carbon fork, Ultegra Rear Derailleur.

Just try to find one.

I bought my 2009 model SL3 in 2012, so I payed a bit less. This is a fantastic ride and I would recommend it to anybody who is a beginner or intermediate cyclist. The Ultegra rear derailleur is a great component, lightweight, fast and you won't find it on another bike in this price range. With the occasional tune up, this bike made easy work of around 4000 k last summer. Oh, and they're Canadian! If you are thinking of buying Devinci, do it.

This is a link to my exact model with the frame geometry which is not specified in this review page: http://www.devinci.com/archive/2009/route/silverstonesl3_EN.htm

Aargon 18 Radon

[Oct 05, 2009]
devinci19

OVERALL
Strength:

all around solid performer

none so far after about 4000 miles

Got it after knee surgery. Been great from day one. Fast, agile, and stiff enough in the sprints, good weight for me on hill climbs. keeping up with more expensive bikes. change your chain regularly and it'll last 15-20000 miles. the 105 Gruppo is adequate but next time it'll be Ultegra.

[Sep 08, 2009]
Jay

OVERALL
Strength:

For what i paid this bike is well equiped and has no problem keeping up with bikes twice the price.

Can't think of any

This is for a 2009 SL3 First Ever road bike and after trying a few and reading that fit was the main thing to think of when buying, grabbed this SL3. It felt perfect for me and was comfortable and fast. I have no problem keeping up with my buddy's on there full carbon's on the weekends. Bike is great for riding anything basically and always feel solid. Only time I felt is was a little unstable was going down the escarpment at 80km/h (probably a little too fast).

[Sep 04, 2008]
hgulseth

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, comfortable seat, sturdy- a all round great bike

cannot think of any

I recently started road riding and love it- still Mountain ride but... road has my heart.

[Jun 18, 2008]
ctonge

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent frame, lifetime warranty. Full value for your money. Canadian made.

Can't think of one considering the price bracket.

I actually have the 2008 SL4 model (unless 07 and 08 are the same). 2008 wasn't an option in that drop box. Anyways, for the money I couldn't find a better bike anywhere in Ontario. Excellent frame that I expect to get thousands of km out of. Very responsive and stiff. Only thing I will really want to upgrade are the wheels.

[Apr 02, 2008]
Jonny

OVERALL
Strength:

Great value, reasonable weight, good quality parts, comfortable geometry

Carbon seat post broke on me after about a year, over tightened unfortunately, stock tires were a bit slow and ride was rough, switched to continental GP4000 and the ride is amazing now

This bike is just amazing for the money. All the parts have held out fine except for the seat post which was my fault so just make sure you dont over tighten it. For training its perfect.

Trek 8500 MTB, Trek 4500 MTB

[Aug 26, 2006]
scott

OVERALL
Strength:

light,fast,strong,good wheels and good all around components-the new shimano 105 is nice stuff!

none.

im writing a review for a 2006 devinci silverstone.WOW!!! this bike fast and light! if u are looking at buying a new road bike at a price of about $2000 can then try out the devinci silverstone! i can t wait untill next year to do some cycling on my bike!

trek 2300

[Jan 18, 2006]
RolfDevinci

OVERALL
Strength:

The frame is sweet. Optimal tubing, beautiful graphics and a sweet cherry red paint! Definitely eye candy! A great frame and rides very nice. Fast! Did I say it looks nice? Sweet!

N/A - I`m as happy as a clam. Overall rating is a 4 cause there is always something better(ie;Devinci`s CX line of all carbon framed bikes)

OK......cudos out to Devinci. I had a 2001 Silverstone but discovered a crack along the welding of the bottom bracket in May 2005. With the assistance of the shop(thanks BP) Devinci GAVE me a 2004 Silverstone frame and a great deal on a matching all carbon fork. Awesome customer service!!!!!! Transfered over parts from my 2001 model, added a sweet Velomax Orion 2 wheelset and I`m ready to rock the races this season!

2001 Devinci Silverstone

[Aug 25, 2005]
Randomhero606

OVERALL
Strength:

- Carbon fiber stays and fork - Campy drivetrain - Sexy looks - decent saddle

- campy drivetrain (for the upgrade aspect) If you want to upgrade ... it has to be campy otherwise you have to replace the entire drivetrain.... and campy is soooo expensive ... :*( - tire blew after only 50 km ... which is most likely my problem ... however.. i want to complain about it anyway.

I shopped around a lot before i decided on the Devinci Silverstone Veloce 9 speed. This bike has a superlight aluminum frame with a carbon fork and carbon fiber stays. This makes for a nice stiff ride. At the same time, taking most of the imperfections out of the road and saving your arms. Shifting with the campagnolo veloce groupo is very smooth. Some say that you have to really give the shifter a go in order to shift into 50.. but thats not the case. Comes with sweet michelin pro race tires ... and It really goes like snot. For the price ... i havent seen anything outshine it.

Cannondale R900, Giant tcr1, Speciallized Allez sport and elite, trek 2300