Diamondback Podium 6 Road Bike

The key to the low weight and high strength of the Podium 6 frame lies in the properties of the carbon build process. The Advanced Monocoque Molding Process ensures that each area of the frame has the correct amount of carbon. In a nutshell...

[Mar 02, 2013]
Grant Smith

OVERALL
Strength:

Incredible frame, great bargain, comfortable ride and a beautiful bike

None so far

Very responsive and is a great climber / sprinter. The bike has been great on long rides as well, although I did replace the DBR saddle. If the Podium continues to perform at this level it will prove to be a strong competitor at a great price.

[Apr 26, 2011]
qwalls

OVERALL
Strength:

responsive but compliant frame, great value, Ultegra and FSA components

Shimano RS-30 wheels, would have preferred a compact crank

I wasn't even planning to buy a bike, but they had one left in my size 58cm and I couldn't pass it up for the price. Decided to buy it after a brief test ride. Amazing value. Bike is very responsive but also has a very smooth ride. Weighed 17.15 LBs with pedals and is about 16 LBs now with a wheel swap. My Look 566 is a little move comfortable on long rides, but this bike feels faster.

2009 Look 566 with SRAM Force
2008 Giant OCR A0

[Apr 04, 2011]
wayne baldridge

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast, stable, reasonably light and the wonderful "come on, come on" response puts on a smile.

Wheel set could be lighter.

The Podium 6 came home with me Saturday and a setup ride of 10 miles comfirmed this to be a keeper. Sunday we went for 26 miles out to Ray Hubbard lake with a 20 MPH wind. The keeper impression has not changed. Head, tail and cross winds do not intrude on the ride and a 35 MPH down wind effort awas man and machine oneness. The ride position is agressive but comfortable.
Good looks don't hurt either (it not me).
At 71 years I still enjoy the quiet hum of fast tires against the pavement. Did I say this is a keeper?

Bianchi carbon, Fuji SL1, Fuji team pro, Scatante race, Lightspeed --- This list goes back 60 years.

[Mar 31, 2011]
Arthur

OVERALL
Strength:

Power Tranfer, Weight (~17lbs), Comfort!

Wheels are a bit heavy but beautiful with aero rims and spokes.

I just bought it Wednesday and did my first ride with my group the same day. We ride in town with about 20 above average riders...we average about 19mph with all the stops in Houston and regularly hit 29+ between lights. I have ridden this ride for years on my trusty and fast 1997 Cannondale R900 (Ultegra Level and 19.9lbs). Anyway, the deal is amazing...everything has carbon in it, cranks, Seatpost, stem, bars, frame, & fork! The bike weighs 16.9 lbs with pedals and water bottle cages!!! I was faster and climbed better (small overpasses) than I ever have on this ride! The bike just goes...the transfer of power is unreal...I never thought that it could feel so direct. The geometry is great. All the carbon soaks up the chatter from the road and is more of a soft thud than a clunk when hitting small imprefections on the road. I have been looking for the right bike for over a year...I am picky and wanted something with a lifetime warranty...the DB has it! Not many manufacturers are still giving lifetime on carbon frames anymore. HURRY UP AND GET ONE! Performance is out of them...I bought the last two 56cm in Texas...had to get one for the wifey. Get one you will not be sorry!!!

Cannondale R900 year 1997

[Mar 25, 2011]
trikev123

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice looking carbon frame,seat post,handlebars, ultegra. bike is light and fast. I own a cervelo p2c tri bike and i like this bike just as well as the cervelo

This is an unbelievable bike for the price. I got it on sale at performance bike for 1800, it has ultegra drive components, carbon everyting, nice wheel set and even came with ultegra pedals.

Cervelo P2C

[Mar 16, 2011]
afreedman

OVERALL

I am a newbie cyclist and had an aluminum frame bike from 2002. My cycling bud's kept pushing me to get with the program and said to get the carbon frame. Went into Performance to check bikes out and the showed me the DB Podium 6. Call my cyclist friend who knows bikes and he gave it the thumbs up. Test road it once for a few minutes and it seemed fine for the limited time. Road it this past weekend and loved it. It's like going from a four door sedan to a sports coupe. Light weight (17.2 lbs). strong solid frame, easy shifting and smooth ride. Performance has an unbelievable promotion that gives you everything a bike for $3000. would have for only $1800. For my purposes I would have preferred a triple, but I can live with it for this price