FOCUS Bikes Izalco Pro 3.0 Road Bike

The Izalco Pro 3.0 enters its third generation with an even better combination of performance and value. The heart of this bike is the 2013 Izalco Team Carbon frame. Built for demands of the pro peloton Focus has updated their stiffest lightest road frame with a tapered head tube and improved internal cable routing. These additions help the bike maintain its smooth lines while ensuring flawless braking and shifting performance

[Jul 29, 2012]
tuffguy1500

OVERALL
Strength:

Frame is amazingly stiff without being painful. The black (2012) is stylish, and the frame is just dead sexy to look at with all the different contours.

Wheels... why did it come with such horrible wheels.. also, why sell bikes like this with a compact?? (yes, available in race 53-39, but harder to find for some reason)

Bought this bike on a whim as it was the most affordable full force bike available that I found. I fell in love with it from the first time I hammered down on the cranks and didn't feel any flex from the frame. I bought a 54cm, and normally ride a 56, so this bike was my "race bike". I am collegiate and only compete therein, and I partake in regular hill climbing rides and the occasional century. This bike seems to make hills feel flat. Power from the pedals goes where it should- to propel the bike forward with minimal losses.

I did and still do not like the oem wheels. I've used Bontrager Race and Select with great success up hills and for general climbing, Zipp 404 rear w/303 up front and it made the bike absolutely amazing. I also tried it with spinergy steath pbo's, but rather did not enjoy them. In all, this bike was amazing for what it came with, and it just makes riding more fun. Ditch the oem wheels and you'll have a first class race machine!!

[Mar 14, 2012]
Pedro

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiffness
Looks
Build- Force is great!
Value
Uniqueness- haven't seen any others around and I really like that!

weight if you are a weight weenie. flat finish if you like pledging your shiny frame. wheels- but who doesn't upgrade wheels these days...

Great bike for the price. Not a lightweight by any standard. My XXS came in at 16 lbs 2 oz. This is after replacing the stock wheels with my 303's (Powertap hub) and stem with a 3T Team.
Weight was not a consideration for me when shopping around as I live far from any climbing.
Handling- very predictable and not one bit twitchy.
Stiffness- exactly what i was looking for. Super stiff when applying force to pedals, especially out of the saddle. All power transfers to forward movement. Made me realize how much I needed a new frame.
Comfort- amazing ride, minor fitting adjustments. Felt natural instantly. Carbon mutes road vibration considerably.
Speed- The engine remains the same, so top speed should remain the same as I do not anticipate any aero gains. However, it is very quick to accelerate. This is what i was looking for in a crit machine.
Value- hard to beat in the price/performance metric.

Cannondale CAAD8 - Crit racer
Merlin CR 3/2.5
Giant TCR
Specialized Allez

[Feb 02, 2012]
Jay Morgan

OVERALL
Strength:

real power to the ground. When I step on it it goes and I now beat my friends up the hills.

none yet

I purchased my 2012 Focus izalco Pro 3.0 from carbon Connection Cyclery in December. After riding a Cervelo for 2 years I was ready for a change. I rode a few different Bikes but settled on the Focus. What a difference. this Pro 3.0 is simply a great Bike. I plan on getting one for my wife too.

Cervelo