Fuji Bicycles Altamira Road Bike

D6 high modulus carbon w/ high compaction molding system, integrated head tube w/ 1 1/2" lower, oversized PIIS BB-86 shell, double water bottle mounts

[Aug 26, 2014]
Qui gon jin

OVERALL
Strength:

Built to climb, can compete and surpass most super bikes on the climb. Value for money. Very stiff but can maneuver at high speeds.

Lacks the advertisement to appreciate its actual property.

Overall, an enthusiast can be confident that riding this bike will almost be the same as riding high profile bikes. A bargain to what it can provide a rider. Nonetheless there are countless bikes in the market, and each will have his own opinion and marketing strategy, but riding an altamira will always insure best quality bikes at a very reasonable cost. Any good rider can win a tour with this simple piece of equipment.

[May 12, 2014]
Arthur Cullen

OVERALL
Strength:

Great geometry for this 6'2"/180#/92cm inseam rider. 58cm frame with 101 wheelbase and 200mm headtube hard to find other than custom. I ride primarily in the drops. Most companies larger frames have slack seat angles and/or long wheelbases making positioning and handling an issue. Bought a 2012 'murdered-out' frameset and built with full DA9000, Enve wheelset, fizik/thomson/3t/speedplay/gaerne contact points. Very responsive, corners great. 15.08 lbs w/o my garmin 500. No excuses build, now all up to me. #notanotherspecialized

my age and legs

Suggest buying the full DA or Ultegra versions and upgrading the wheelsets. Great Gran Tour bicycle for a reasonable price. Good factory support you'll probably never need.

[Jul 22, 2013]
Ian C

OVERALL
Strength:

Amazing frame with it's handling, smooth ride, and stiffness out of the saddle! Dura Ace is hard to complain about. AMAZINGLY light.

Wheelset isn't bad, but isn't amazing. I'd recommend upgrading it and saving the Oval for training instead of racing. They're durable, but no Mavic Ksyrium SL.

This frame is a keeper. I don't find it as aggressive as many crit racers with handling, but it's certainly no Grand Fondo or Roubaix. The price is quite competitive, and other bikes with this level of components are typically a few thousand more.

Specalized Tarmac, Giant TCR Advanced, Jamis Xenith

[Mar 20, 2013]
bmax119

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff, light, tracks like a banshee, instantly responsive, fantastic looks.

If you are a lighter rider (like me) it can feel too stiff on long rides. Stock wheels are a bit heavy.

Hands down best bike I've owned. Best bang for the buck as well. I've owned Trek, Lemond, Specialized, Cervelo, and custom carbon bikes. This beats them all. First thing I noticed is how stiff bike was. I'm a small rider <130 lbs and this is on the verge of being too stiff for me. I feel most bumps in the road, but the tradeoff is instant acceleration and superb handling. Bike looks fantastic with the color coordination as well, being as my team's kit colors and black and yellow. Oval Concepts components are equivalent to FSA top of the line stuff. Oval brakes are a bit finicky on set-up, but have amazing stopping power, better than the SRAM red and TRP options I was using before. Wheels are on the heavy side, but are aero and carry speed well. If doing any serious climbing, I recommend a lightweight wheel option. Even with the heavy wheels, bike is still in the 15.5 lb range. I can easily shed a pound on wheels alone. Where I noticed the biggest difference is in seated power. That's partly due to the frame and also the Rotor 3D+ crank that came stock. Since getting the bike, I can now lead out a field sprint at 38-40mph, seated. Standing, I have yet to lose a sprint on this bike. I have been using SRAM for the last 4 years, so was reluctant to go back to Shimano, even if it was DA. I don't regret that now. DA gruppo has improved significantly since I last used it and I adapted almost immediately. If you want a fast bike that is below the price point of almost every other bike on the market with these components, I highly recommend this bike.

Trek, Lemond, Cervelo, Specialized, Custom carbon