Fuji Bicycles Team Issue Road Bike

Tires: 700 x 23c Hutchinson Fusion Comp

[Nov 16, 2015]
bikeracer9

OVERALL
Strength:

Feels fast and makes you speed up always. Steady and smooth. I can ride it all day. That's how comfy it is. Great looking bike too and colorful color scheme. My favorite bike to use. I have two bikes and the other is even more pricey.

No complaints.

Great bike and Fuji quality. Don't have any complaints. My favorite bike to use. A little heavy in today's standard but not heavy either. Great looking bike for sure and gets a lot of compliments.

2012 Specialized Venge Pro w/ Sram Red

[Oct 22, 2014]
Dan

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast, cheap, agile, reliable

Too heavy, bad wheels

I have a 2010 fuji team and I use it as a commuter bike. It's great. I live a mile and a half from work and i can get there in about five or six minutes. The bike is really fast and I get there faster than when I drive my car. I have passed cars and trucks too after work. The bike is completely stock with a gossamer crank and 105 group set besides the aluminum 3T handlebars which are much better than the fuji ones that come stock. Overall the bike is a great buy for someone looking for a starter carbon frame road bike. It just needs better, lighter wheels and group set. I've also had it for over four years and it rides like new if not for dirt build up.

[Jul 12, 2012]
Paul

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, stiff,

Cane creek wheels, possible fracture in frame

Both the front and rear rims fractured within a year of riding on them. They also were constantly loosening at the hubs so that I would develop this crazy latteral slide during rides. So they were junk. I also have cracked paint on either side of the crank set where the bottom bracket attaches. The shop guys can't tell me if it's the frame fractured or not. I still ride it. 3 day, six mountain passes and around 200 miles Between Vail and Aspen, it performed without trouble.

[Jun 01, 2010]
Matt Carroll

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, Value, did I mention Price

Not as stiff (responsive)as I would like but I'm 195 lbs.

Before this bike I rode a Trek Madone 5.2 for about 2 years. I bought this bike just to build a better spec'd bike. Meaning I sold the Madone frame to spec a bike with full dura-ace and a uber wheelset and ride it for a year or 2 and then upgrade the frame (I'm still in College).The Fuji rides as nice if not better than the Madone at probably less than half the price a similary spec'd Madone. I immediately noticed that you lose very little in the way of responsiveness compared to the Trek. I can't believe how similar these bikes ride and the price difference. I bought the frame for $450 on fleabay but look at the Madone's on there, I bet you couldn't get a used one for less than $1000. Long story short this bike rides as well as the ever popular Madone at a big discount. It offers plenty of stiffness although I would like a fraction more but Im' 6'2" 195 so it works well enough.

Trek Madone 5.2

[Jun 30, 2009]

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff, smooth.Nice wcs paint job carbon fade to black.Pearl white marquees a nice touch.

not a real lightweight bike

I love this bike.I have ridden it across Canada,raced it, done hill climbs with it and it always performs.Never disappoints.I own a 2006 madone 5.9 aero also,but ride this one 8 out of 10 rides.It is stiff without being harsh,smooth but not flexy.Fuji nailed it.

2006 madone 5.9 aero

[May 07, 2009]
Earns

OVERALL
Strength:

Light. Stiff frame. Excellent quality and construction. FAST...

None so far.

This is for the 2006 Team Issue with Full C7 Carbon frame. I'm not an crazy avid rider. I do 2-3 rides (Mix between mtb and road) a week and I just love the feel of a steady, sure, fast and comfortable bike. This fits the bill on ALL aspects. Very light yet stiff on the climbs. Descends fast yet surely. I just did my first century ever on this bike last weekend and I have NO complaints.

[Dec 02, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

Stable, comfortable ride, with sharp handling. Cheap. Good reputation.

Seems a bit hefty for carbon.

Stable, reliable, maybe a tad hefty. Toyota United rode the current model of this frame last year.

Seven Ellium, Trek OCLV, Steelman Stage Race

[Apr 11, 2008]
bianchibuddy

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, Comfortable, stiff BB, carbon weave looks great, WCS & DA parts kit

Cane Creek wheels are light and look nice, but are not for me.....replaced with Ksryium SL's

Love it! I have riden my share of aluminum bikes and this is the most comfortable frame I have EVER ridden. Fit and measurement is very classic in 56cm and the bang for the buck is increadible! Full Ritchey WCS!

a few Cannondale Aluminum frames, GT ZR3000, Schwinn Fastback Limited

[Jan 25, 2008]
bikenutzie

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap. Efficent. Stiff enough for racing yet comfortable for the long haul (centuries). I plan on riding it on a 200 miler this summer.

Not as smooth and stable as my Merlin or Colnago Masterlight.

This is a very fast bike for racing. Very stable at speeds of 35-50 mph. During the heat of a crit- after decelearating in the turn and get up to speed I noticed that'd I easily get back up to the front racers after being 15-20 racers behind. Last year during a hot(95 deg day) road race I cramped up on the last hill of the final lap. Getting to the top of the climb I was gassed but the Fuji along with the AC 420 wheels had the acceleration and the aerodynamics to bridge up to peleton. I wouldn't be able to do this with my old Merlin or specialized.

Ti Merlin RST and steel Colnago Masterlight.

[Oct 27, 2007]

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiffness, handling, very smooth.

Not the ultimate in lightness

I first bought this frameset because is was so cheap, I figured it would make a great bike for bad weather/winter season.
I built it with Ultegra controls and Dura-Ace derailleurs, brakes and wheels. Crank is a Truvativ carbon double. With carbon bottleholders, Token aluminum stem and FSA aluminum handlebar and Look pedals, they bike just over 17 lbs.
Upon riding it, I discovered very quickly that this bike performs a lot better than the cheap price suggested. It feels very stiff and the handling is outstanding, even on steep, fast descents. It goes through turns with an almost magic feel of ease. I think this has to do with the massive carbon fork Fuji uses. During climbs, it feels that every watt goes to the rear wheel.
Despite the stiffness, is does not feel harsh, but not quite as plush as my Tarmac, but the handling makes it my favorite over any other bike I own.
The fact that I have piled on more miles than ever in the last few weeks since I have this bike speaks for itself.
I highly recommend this bike. Even at full retail I would consider it a great bike for those who like going fast and long. Best bike I have ridden yet.

Specialized Tarmac, Litespeed Siena and Specialized Allez Pro