Giant Defy Advanced 0 Road Bike

tires - Michelin Pro Race 3, 700x25 Folding

[Apr 08, 2018]
tallman71

OVERALL
Strength:

stiff and fast, comfortable and durable. The black paint job looks pretty good too. Great group set and wheels

Saddle and it’s not so light. Two things that can be easily rectified though.

Price Paid:
2018
[May 25, 2015]
Tom Sibbald

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, looks, weight and DI 2 components. The large frame came in at 17 1/2 pounds which was very good for the cost.

DT wheel set. Broken spoke, then the rim cracked and needed replacing. Two more broken spokes all within one year. I am a 200 pd. recreational rider who doesn't jump curbs or any other crazy stuff. Finally paid $$$ to upgrade the wheels so I could have confidence in them. No help from Giant. Just now, the front fork developed a severe crack 2 inches above the wheel shaft. This could have resulted in a very serious crash! Fortunately, I spotted it. All this and only 3800 km on this 2014 model. Big regrets buying a Giant. I thought it would be a great product at good value. Wrong!

I could not recommend buying a Giant. There is no one to contact other than the dealer. They are totaly at arms length and the quality is suspect. I paid another $600 (wholesale) to upgrade the wheels so they would stop failing. That should never be necessary on a $4500 bike. As stated, I am a 200 pound recreational rider and 69 yrs. of age. The cracked front fork used up one of my 9 lives. Hope I still have a couple left!

[Sep 08, 2013]
KH1

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks great - even though it's a Giant.
Rides great.
DI2
Price

Could be lighter but that is really nit picking.

I have owned many bikes including a few Giants but this is by far the best all rounder to date. It does everything well. For a bike that is supposed to be focused on comfort it still manages to accelerate and corner like a proper race bike. I didn't think I would find a bike that I enjoyed as much as my late (sob) Supersix, yet here I am totally blown away by how good this bike is. The standard spec is incredibly good. Some would change the bars stem and saddle to their preferred favourites but out of the box they are pretty much on the money. The Giant (DT Swiss) wheels are also a revelation, a little on the heavy side at 1600g.... again I am really being picky here as they are tubeless ready, roll great and look good on the bike.
It looks really nice too. The matte black and white is very subtle and the frame shapes are quite pleasing (I never thought I'd say that about a compact frame).
I have to award this bike 5 stars! It is that good. Don't be put off by the fact it's not something exotic, you'll get over that once you realise how nice it is to ride.

[Jul 13, 2013]
f2000gv

OVERALL
Strength:

i have a Giant mountain bike, (Anthem X 29) and happened upon a great deal for the Defy Advanced 0. What a great bike!! Super light, incredible Di2 drive, and super comfortable - after you get rid of the stock fisik saddle.

stock fisik seat - just wasn't my size

Acceleration and cornering is spot on. I live in the Hudson river valley, lots of hills, and the Defy tackles them with ease. I cant imagine how much better it can get with a bike that might cost thousands more.

[Jan 09, 2013]
as300

OVERALL
Strength:

I wanted to upgrade my 2007 Specialized Roubaix to something that was faster and more performance. I like the endurance style frame but not the lack of performance. I test rode several high end bikes like Parlee, Time, Domane and others and just happened to try a Giant. I tried the Defy Advanced 0 and was impressed that the ride was very close to the Parlee and Time yet thousands less. Yes, Parlee and Time have the bling factor but I wanted a daily driver to to everything. The bike is light, fast, comfortable and a great all round bike that does everything well. This is not a race bike so you would need to look at the TCR Advanced but if you are looking for a bike that climbs well, fast, comfortable and corners on rails this is the one. Oh yes, the Ultegra Di is nothing short of incredible and I swore i would not go to Di until I tried it.

The seat was really uncomfortable and changed it right away. Everything on this bike is awesome and I can not find any weakness at all.

This bike got the Plush bike award from Bicycling and I would say it is comfortable but to say it is plush would be misguiding as it is a true performance bike that is comfortable. I am just blown away how they can make such a great bike that has the ability to do so many things well and still be a bargain for what you get. I did turn my nose up at the Giant products but once on the bike it was just amazing. 5 out of 5 stars and would highly recommend this bike.

Specialized Roubaix

[Jan 05, 2010]
jlich10r

OVERALL
Strength:

It's all the equipment I would pick if I built the bike myself, but Giant gets a better price.

At 200 pounds and haven broken drive chains on a couple occasions. I am a bit scared of all the carbon fiber components. I am an aerospace engineer investing much, much more in the Boeing 787 carbon fiber aircraft, this is a little exercise in trust. Also have always used Shimano Flight Decks, the DA 7900 shifters are NOT compatible.

This is a 2010 model. It seems easier to keep up on group rides, it also draws attention. People think it's got tubeless tire because the wheels say tubeless. I prefer the tubes lighter and fast to repair. The wheels feel like sew ups I rode a million years ago. I have 11o miles of groups rides on it and some light roller work, it January!

Cannondale Synapse SL 2, loved it, had full Dura Ace 7800 stuff and Orion II wheels. I was content but someone removed it from my van :-(

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.