Giant OCR 3 Road Bike

The ALUXX Butted Aluminum frame makes the OCR series affordable and ersatile enough for touring, charity rides, serious commuting, and spirited enough for entry level racing.

• frame: ALUXX butted aluminum, Compact Road Design
  • fork: formulaOne Composite w/aluminum steerer

• USER REVIEWS

[Jul 10, 2018]
    mendynx

OVERALL
    Strength:

I bought the bike used, and have ridden over 2500 miles, and often on long rides without any problems, and little maintenance. I was thinking of buying a new bike, but decided to do major maintenance on it instead. Love it!

It is my first ride, so I don't have any other bike to compare with.

Price Paid:
    2008
    [May 11, 2018]
    Jcho713

OVERALL
    Strength:

Great bike. Bought it used for 350. Works great.

Beginner cyclist. It hurts my arms when riding the bike. Is that normal?

Price Paid:
    Purchased:
    Used
    Model Year:
    2013
    [Jul 14, 2016]
    Zachariah

OVERALL
    Strength:

~ Carbon fork
    ~ Compliant ride
    ~ Beefy, ALUXX tubing
    ~ Frame/fork capable of lightweight(sub-20lbs) build

~ Huge, 30.9 seatpost
    ~ Tiagra OEM gruppo

Ok, I'm writing this review on behalf of my newbie cyclist girlfriend. The 2008 Giant OCR3 was her very first bike. While still building her cardio fitness - took it upon myself to upgrade the wheels and tires, effectively dropping nearly 2 pounds of rotating weight for her. She said the upgrades helped immensely. She also never got used to the drop bars and STI shifters - so I turned her bike into a flat bar, Gripshift bike with a shorter stem. Again, she loves the idea of simply turning a dial to shift. She can do 50-mile flat beach rides, without feeling beat up now....because her bike(48cm) now weighs 17 pounds!

[Nov 08, 2015]
    Elijah Harris Jr.

OVERALL
    Strength:

Nice bike when I have to I ride in the dirt very nice. It's my baby !!!

Non. Keep up on fixing very good bike !!!!

Thanks all for a nice bike and a smiley face !!!!!

[Aug 28, 2015]
    Dave

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light Weight, Brackets for Disc & Caliper Brakes and Bungs for mounting racks if needed.

The components Giant used for this bike weren't great.

Really not a bad bike. It's even better if you don't mind changing components. I bought the frame of a Silver OCR 3 Touring bike a few years ago because at the time road bikes with disc brakes were fairly rare. I spec'd it out with FSA Wheels, Shimano XT & Ultegra parts along with a carbon fork and Avid Disc brakes. I am not a cometion cyclist so I find the geometry of this frame to be very comfortable for distance rides. I've ridden it on century charity rides, and as a commuter. All in all I would say it's a good frame that can be built to be a really nice bike.

[Aug 02, 2015]
    Gaz

OVERALL
    Strength:

Relatively lightweight and a genuine honest performer..steers well and frame seems relatively stiff during acceleration.

Ride can be harsh (compared to carbon) if running high tire pressures.

Bought 2005 baby blue model 2nd hand for $100 as a frame and built it up as a spare/rain bike to my Cannondale Carbon Synapse. Fitted full 105 groupset (2nd hand), compact chainrings (double 50/39) running 9sp 11-27 rear cassette. Finished off the build with carbon seat post, lightweight Prologo seat and Shimano WH-560 (they're excellent) wheelset running Schwalbe Ultremo's (23c's). Fitted handlebar & stem..stock items.

This is a surprisingly good performer on the WH-560's, not as quick as the Cannondale, but stays with the pack no problems. I'm 220lb and the frame and wheelset are solid as. Ride can be harsh, but running 100psi back, 90 front overcomes these issues..was running 120/100psi and felt everything, leaving numb fingers in a 2 hour training ride.

This bike doesn't pretend to be anything but an honest performer, relatively quick and ultra reliable. Comes in at 8.2gk with pedals. It's still in my fleet and while I now only ride it occasionally, I think..hey, this thing isn't too bad.

[Jul 25, 2015]
    Nathan Haack

OVERALL
    Strength:

I bought this bike in 2007, and have used it mostly as a touring bike. I took it from WI to GA without any issues. It continues to be hassle free as long as it's lubed up and maintained. lightweight and handles great.

It took more effort than I would've liked to turn in into a touring bike.

This thing has taken me everywhere I've wanted to go on a road bike, and still works great 8 years after I bought it.

[May 08, 2013]
    John Rodriguez

OVERALL
    Strength:

Lightweight Compact frame has Great handling and quick Acceleration great Carbon Forks able to withstand the harsh roads round leicestershire has a Shimano Sora Groupset throughout 8 Speed i am able to keep up with the modern bikes of today even tho mine is a 2005 baby blue loving it so far

the Triple Chain ring was nasty too heavy for the bike swapped it for a Double now much smoother performance seems faster too

A 2005 OCR 3 Compact road bike in baby blue had 2nd hand early januray of this year (2013) done just over 700 miles so far the performance is amazing have a scott bike and this Giant seems faster and more lighter to ride even tho it has less gears! loving it for £200 you cant go wrong would highly recommaned this bike to anyone such a pleasure to ride

Scott Speedster S60
    Raleigh 1980s road bike
    Raleigh Mercury

[Feb 06, 2013]
    stephenwelborn

OVERALL
    Strength:

light really cuts thur the wind

none at all for me

Over all this is a great bike for me. I just love it.

[Jan 31, 2013]
    Sam

OVERALL
    Strength:

Versatility, durability, easy ride, able to handle serious commuting as well as centuries

None that an amateur like me can see

Great bike for me. I commute 20 miles every day and this is the perfect bike for what I need. I bought it new when I lived in Boulder, and it got me up mountain rides as well as commutes. Now in Texas it is perfect for commutes, 100's, whatever I dish out it takes. I am not a pro, and I haven't figured out any categories I may fit. If you want a fast ride, easy commute, with style, and power when you need to do hills, this is the bike.