Glacier Bikes Team Ice Road Bike

• Spacers : FSA Carbon X3
  • Stem : Ritchey Pro
  • Tire : Schwalbe Stelvio X2
  • Tubes : Cadence X2
  • Wheels : "Ambrosio Sonar"

[Nov 14, 2007]

OVERALL
Strength:

- All day comfort
- Stiff and grounded on the road
- Competitively light

- A bit of toe overlap with the front wheel (due to the steep head angle - only a factor when track standing)
- Came stock with Bontrager Race wheels (crap wheels)which cracked after less than 3000 km. Replaced by Glacier with original spec Neuvations (great wheels).

I'll be up front with my bias. The owner of Glacier is an old friend from my MTB days and I received my bike in exchange for web design, etc. That being said I can honestly say I am very happy with this bike and feel it compares favourably to other high end bikes out there. Before I received my bike I took it and a Look 555 out on identical rides at my LBS Demo Days event. The Glacier gave up nothing to the Look in terms of stiffness, weight and acceleration and I was a bit surprised to find the Glacier was the more comfortable of the two. The Look rear end felt a bit skittish where the Glacier was glassy smooth and absolutely grounded. It has great all-day ride comfort without feeling dead to the road. My previous road bikes were both quality cro-mo bikes and, while I expected the Glacier to be much stiffer (it is), after 4500 kms I am still shocked at how much more comfortable than them it is. I'm a carbon convert and consider Glacier as good as it gets in reasonably priced carbon bikes. Very excited about the new 2008 frames which are lighter, have new graphics and come paired with HED wheels.

Nishiki Superbe - Tange Prestige (going way back)
Alcyon cyclocross - Columbus Brain
Look 555 - carbon (test ride only)
Litespeed Firenze - Ti (test ride only)

[May 04, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

Limited quantity. Full Carbon. Full Dura Ace. Stiff yet compliant. Minimal road vibration. Super cool look with the simple logo.

Needs a little more colour on the frame. The logo is plain white. Good contrast with the carbon, but lacks that little something.

This bike is truly awesome. It is my first time riding carbon and I am hooked. The bike is super stiff for the sprints, yet feels like it is absorbing all the bumps in the road. It climbs beautifully, surging forward when you add a bit more pressure to the pedal stroke. Descents are done with confidence; there is no sensation of chatter that I used to get with my Airborne. I highly recommend this bike, especially at the price point given that there are so few of them on the market (the guy at the bike store told me there are only 5 of this model in Canada).

Airborne Thunderbolt