Guru Bicycles Inc. Evolo Road Bike

• Continental GP 4000 Tires

[Jun 08, 2011]
Sam

OVERALL
Strength:

Smoothness and comfort , very responsive

This bike glides. Very smooth and comfortable. Custom fit is excellent, I don't think I can ever buy a bike off the shelf again. Climbs beautifully and has superb handling. I have flame red, looks gorgeous.

I guess Guru is one of the last bike companies making bikes in Canada, most make them in Taiwan.

I visited the factory and am very happy with this product and service.

Louis Garneau Gennix R2

[Jul 01, 2009]
John Thorstensen

OVERALL
Strength:

Very comfortable, smooth ride, handles beautifully, responsive and quick, aesthetically beautiful. Nice and light. A custom fit seems to make quite a difference, too.

None.

To take full advantage of a bike like this, you should get a careful fit. I went to the fitter at the bike shop (also a physical therapist) and he spent more than an hour carefully testing my position and adjusting everything on a trainer until it was perfect. Then the bike was built to spec at Guru's facility in Montreal. The ride felt perfectly dialed-in the first time I got on the bike -- the handling is completely responsive and tranparent. It's amazingly smooth over bad pavement, and nice and stiff when you stomp on the pedals. Although not super-light by modern standards, it's nice and sturdy and beautifully made. It's nice to look at, too -- I got Guru's stock red, and it's really striking-looking.

It's a bit expensive, but sometimes you get what you pay for.

Aegis Aro Svelte, from about 1996, which was quite a bit heavier. Although these were famous for their smooth ride, this is even nicer, and seems plenty stiff.