Guru Bicycles Inc. Venio Road Bike

• Ritchey Pro Carbon Seatpost

[Dec 30, 2008]
tordahle

OVERALL
Strength:

Good value for custom. Can chose colors. Very solid ride, climbs well, sturdy on descents. Stiff but comfortable.

None I can think of, some might think it is heavy. Mine is 18.5 lbs.

I have ridden it for a year now. It is my first custom bike. Pro Peleton in Boulder was great. I am 6 3" with long legs and arms and have trouble getting a good fit on stock bikes. Going custom made a big difference for me. I prefer a bit more laid back geometry. The bike just fits, I feel very comfortable on it in every situation. I can ride in the drops for long periods and be comfortable. It climbs well and it is very confidence inspiring on descents. The frame is stiff but I set the wheels up tubeless which ads to the comfort level.

Giant TCR 1, Cannondale Cad 8, Masi steel

[Sep 05, 2008]
scuba05

OVERALL
Strength:

Customizable! My torso is short and legs are long so having the ability to have a custom frame makes a huge difference!

Not carbon so slightly heavier, but it is scandium enriched aluminum which does decrease its weight and strengths the frame

I spent several months test riding bikes in order to find one that would excel on race day and be forgiving on long training rides. I tested Madones, Tarmacs, Felts, Cervelo soloist, and surprisingly the Venio came out on top. At first I was set on carbon since I already owned aluminum and steel frames, but the ride was great. Granted the bike normally comes with ultegra components, I opted to put on campy chorus (far smoother than ultegra). The bike handles corners great, the frame is responsive and dampens shock on bumpy roads. And it accelerates like no other bike for that price range!

Trek madone, Cannondale RS