K2 Bike Mach 2.0 Road Bike

Frame Material: 6000 aluminum
Frame Angles: Unspecified
Sizes: large, medium, small, xsmall
Colors: Silver/Red
Tires: 700 x 25c Vittoria Zaffiro

[Jun 24, 2010]
davidajedrez

OVERALL
Strength:

Very nice components that are reserved for higher prices in other brands.

Excellent bike for the price paid. Still running great

[Jan 09, 2008]
Aaron

OVERALL
Strength:

price, shimano 105s, lightweight, carbon fork, wheels

stock pedals need replacing but usually bikers already have pedals for their cleats

Great bike for your money K2 offers gear on this bike which trek and specialized leave for their higher end models. The thing that attracted me to this bike was the frame it isn't tight enough to be considered a sprinters bike but isn't tall either the frame is right in between. I.E. when your out of the saddle the frame responds quickly but when down in the saddle the frame doesn't feel stiff and uncomfortable

trek 1000/1500

[Jun 21, 2007]
Donald Minogue

OVERALL
Strength:

Great value for the money, rack mounts, dual cage mounts, carbon fork. triple ring gives wide gear selection.

The standard pedals completly blow!They would make 'Wally World' proud.Tires are just OK.

This is the first real road bike I have owned. It seems to be an excellent entry level ride. It has very relaxed geometry and is easy to ride. After a few minor adjustments for proper fit, I rode 50 miles the first time out. Components are midlevel and get the job done. Overall,I feel you get more bike then the price would suggest.

Specialized hybrid, Fugi espree

[Aug 13, 2006]
Phil Coolberth

OVERALL
Strength:

Great price, good componants, and a smooth ride.

Like every other entry level, it's bit heavy...other than that--None!

Purchased the K2 Mach 2.0 this summer. Traditionally rode Mt Bikes (Trek/Raliegh/Specialized). Tried out similiar entry levels...Giant OCR3, Trek 1000 & 1200. The Giant felt to small, the Trek's front/rear derails...and shifters felt clanky to me. All pound for pound were well worth the below $600 price. I finally ended up choosing the Mach 2...it felt good for my bigger body...105's in the rear and tiagra up top, seemed set up for success--and it was on sale!

I've riden a few charity events, logged 100's of miles this summer...and have had not one problem. I would imagine I will upgrade one day to full carbon...but I am in no hurry. I wouldn't be surprised if I went with some lighter/better rims/tires...a couple of minor upgrades here and there...and ride it into the ground.

[Oct 28, 2005]
Kirk

OVERALL
Strength:

Great value, best bang for the buck that I could find.

I highly recommend this bike to any recreational rider looking spend $1,000 or less. As this was my first road bike purchase, I tested many bikes including the following: Specialized Allez Elite, Giant OCR1, Cannondale R700, Lemonds Tourmalet, , and the Trek 1500. I rode all of these bikes several times and had a hard time distinguishing one from the other. I felt that I would be satisfied with any of them and was ready to buy. Then a friend, with 14 years experience in a bike shop and owner of more than a dozen bikes, stopped by and threw down a Performance Bike ad with the K2 Mach 2.0 priced at $520. He said it was a good deal and that he’d assemble it for me, so I went for it. This bike has been has been everything I hoped it would be. I don’t think I would be able to tell the difference between my K2 and the others that I tested. So far I’ve ridden a few hundred miles, many of them up steep canyons, and my bike has been perfect. For $520 I don’t see how you can go wrong. For the budget conscious buyer, this bike is perfect.

[Oct 18, 2005]
laxman

OVERALL

Bike sucks. It has been in the shop at least half a dozen times since I picked it up in late April (it's now October): handlebar tape came undone...twice! Problems with the wheelset, brakes are sqeaky, too many things to list. I heard K2 is changing their factory plant, so the quality should be better in the coming models. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this bike,unless you get it for $520 now at Performance! If that is the case, then it's ok. Good first bike, I guess. It does have some nice componentry, so you get some nice gear on it, except for the wheels.

[Oct 07, 2005]
Kimballcorson

OVERALL
Strength:

Value, value and value. Does nothing badly. Nice frame for the dough. (The newer, medium-to-low end bikes are getting better and their prices are dropping.)

Klunky handle bars, but not a problem

I got this bike on sale. The review by Commuter is excellent and accurate. This bike does nothing exceptionally well and nothing very badly either. It covers ground very well and operates smoothly. The specs here are wrong on a few points, prinicpally the rear der is 105, not Tiagra on currrent production, and the seat post is by Ritchey. The front fork is carbon not steel or aluminum, but the rest of the description is nominally correct. At $520 this bike is a steal. I bought it impromptu on sight without planning to do so. My other bike is a Bike Friday custom Pocket Rocket, all Ultegra. The K2 Mach 2.0 is highly recommended at this price point.

Bike Friday Pocket Rocket - full Ultegra Windsor Kennet - full Ultegra

[Jan 11, 2005]
clue97

OVERALL
Strength:

oversized bars and stem , name brand components on a fairly inexpensive bike

no name seatpost

With this bike I got exactly what I paid for , transportation. I bought this this bike because I enjoy commuting to work on a bicycle and I didn't want to have a nervous breakdown when other people touched it on the buses and trains I take through portland. This bike doesnt have anything super fancy and doesnt do any one thing exeptionally well but it will roll and roll and roll and roll and it has been pretty good about taking the extra abuse a city commute dishes out. The bottom line - I wont be getting rid of my Titus, but I will definately continue to ride this K2 as my every day commuter.