KHS Inc. Flite 220 Road Bike

• Spokes: 14G Stainless 32°

[Sep 22, 2013]
Geoff Faber

OVERALL
Strength:

Frame is strong

Stock Crank bent it in 3 weeks

I have had this bike for about 2 years now its is a decent commuter bike, i had a 1978 steel frame before this and there was a big difference.
I am a big guy 6'8" and 290lbs
I ride the bike about 30 miles a day the frame does fine i have had to change out about everypart with the exception of shifters and brakes.

I have been given alot of hand me down parts from higher end bikes, but even at my size its not that bad of a ride

[Jun 21, 2011]
Stacey

OVERALL
Strength:

Pretty fast
Gear shifters are good for the bike

heavy
pedals stink - must replace

I am a beginner triathlete (sprint distance) and I needed a bike but didn't want to get crazy just yet. This bike works very well on Colorado hills. Of course there are better bikes out there, but I didn't want to spend the money on something I wasn't sure I would like. The bike is well made. It is good for a beginner or someone who doesn't want to spend a lot of money.

[May 06, 2011]
cterp09

OVERALL
Strength:

It's a fast bike! The components are okay and it's very easy and smooth to shift gears. It's also a relatively light bike, and having 3 chainrings makes hills a bit easier. I haven't had a flat yet (knock on wood) and commute 20-40 miles per week.

You can make any bike you get the most comfortable one you've ever ridden by inflating the tires to the proper pressure (not to the numbers on the tires since that is the maximum pressure they can handle), and adjusting the bike's geometry to fit you.

The saddle that comes with it is a torture device, but that goes for most stock seats. The first thing to break on my bike was the seat post clamp while I was adjusting the saddle height. It is a piece of junk and should be replaced with a good clamp.

Also, the wheels are not of the best quality. If the road surfaces you ride on aren't completely smooth you might want to invest in better wheels.

It is a great first road bike, especially for the price. It is definitely not a racing bike, but you can make it an awesome bike by switching out the components for better ones as you improve. I use it mostly as a commuter bike, and have had almost no problems with it.

[Dec 05, 2010]
James

OVERALL
Strength:

climbing, comfortable

comes with crappy pedals but i replaced with clipless anyway

Awesome Training bike rode it for 2500 miles this season and it held up amazing not a single problem.
I read a lot of reviews about people saying they got constant flats and they fixed that from the 08 model up now the spokes don't poke the tubes over bumps and have rim tape over them anyway.

I'd recommend it to anybody just make you you get the triple bar version and not the flat bar version they originally sent me the flat bar by mistake.

[Jan 17, 2010]
notredame232

OVERALL
Strength:

It's cheap.
It looks pretty cool.

Where to begin...
I have had a lot of problems with it.
The main one would be constant flats.
The spoke pokes through and puts a hole in the tube. The wheels are garbage.
It's very heavy.
It doesn't handle very well.
Stock shifters aren't that great.

It's an entry level bike. Don't buy it if you are looking to win races. I bought it as an entry level triathlete, threw some aero bars on it, and got some clipless pedals. 21 speed bike. It works but it's not the best.

Nothing very similar to this bike.

[Apr 10, 2009]
Cathy Hale

OVERALL
Strength:

FAST....smooth gear changes...beautiful looks....customer service from dealer... Reasonable price for us beginners into this awesome sport.

Hard, very hard saddle....I put gel cover on it hoping it will help keep me from brusing until I can get kinda used to it....

I tried ordering a road bike from Walmart...the hub was damaged in shipping...took it back and got a flat bar bike in stock...it wouldn't shift into 7th gear-no matter how we adjusted it...Finally gave up and bought the khs 220 from the Bike Peddler in Brownwood, TX...We couldn't be happier with the bike or the dealer! Lynn went through everything about the bike with us, even how to change a flat! He also encouraged us to put together a tool kit for the new bike...Take my advice, don't buy a road bike from anything less than a bike shop...You will get what you pay for! I'm sure my hubby will be buying one from the same place...in the very near future!

Schwinn Prelude, GMC Denali, now am using an Electra Townie for my short runs to the store---I think the Townie and the KHS 220 give me the best of both worlds!!! Color me VERY HAPPY!