Kuota Kharma Road Bike

Kharma is a new frame built up in all of its parts with carbon fibers. It’s available in four sizes, sloping geometry and integrated head tube with full carbon fork and inox bearings. The excellent construction technology according to the production and quality standards ISO 9002, do bring to this frameset goods characteristics such as riding comfort, reactivity and steering precision.

[Apr 17, 2020]
ferryliu

OVERALL
Strength:

Pretty stiff and comfortable. Stable in high speed ( descent road ) and does corners very good. I like the frame shape too.

Maybe some weight loss please

Price Paid:
Purchased:
Used
Model Year:
2009
[Sep 27, 2012]
Ian smith

OVERALL
Strength:

The geometry of the frame and set up, styling (very Italian), Ultagra groupset, Agility, comfort

Lack of internal routed cabling.

Bought this bike whilst on holiday in France August 2012.
The bike is an absolute dream. I rode from Lands End To John O'Groats (910 miles) in July on a Cube Peleton. Nothing wrong with the Cube but I now wish I had the Kuota for the ride. The upgrade to the Ultagra groupset makes the controls very swift and easy to get on with.
The stying is very Italian and a real eye catcher.
I would recommend this bike to any enthusiast! top buy.

[Aug 14, 2011]
AndyJB

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything

Components don't do the name or frameset justice.

Had a devil of a job picking my upgrade but went for the prettiest, my Kharma is a thing of engineering beauty. The curve of th etop tube, the wasted seat stays the wings on the forks and the cot out aero seat tube. As a mount shes fast, nimble and very well behaved.Little of the original spec remains, FSA wing bars, Mavic elite wheelset with Michelin 2's, fi:zik seat, KMC chain, jagwire cabling, partial Red Groupset all adding to the beauty. Now the beats on the back has to work to match it.

[Jan 30, 2011]
JDGreen

OVERALL
Strength:

comfort
stabiilty
relative price
great looks

none so far

After 6 years I think I can now provide an intelligent review of the Kuota Kharma. At 61 years of age with a cranky back and gimpy knees I can attest that this bike, when properly fit to the rider, provides a comfortable, if not plush, ride. I ride in centuries, charity rides, triathlons and I bike to work ~150 days a year. The Kuota Kharma is an incredibly comfortable and stable bicycle. The older versions like mine (2005) are classic in design and the performance is outstanding for the money. This bike delivers a comfortable, fast, stable ride at a reasonable price.

TREK 5200
Merckx EX
Litespeed Classic

[Apr 12, 2010]
Eazy E

OVERALL
Strength:

BB Stiffness, not many like it on the street, absorbs road vibration

Frame not the lightest, brand not well known so resale value is not the best (strength if you are buying)

Finally the perfect bike I had been searching for! I'm more of a mountain biker, so I just needed the best bang for the buck and this bike is it plus some. I've been on steel and titanium bikes and this has to be the most comfortable of them all. I'm no racer, just a guy who pedals smooth and like to go fast while being comfortable. I actually owned a 2008 Kharma frame, but needed a small and a 2007 is what eBay had on auction when I was buying. The 08 model has the new beefier seat stays, but the 07 still lacked the flex that saps power. You pedal and it propels you like a rocket.

Schwinn Le Tour, Airborne Zeppelin, and 08 Kuota Kharma

[Jan 02, 2009]
Jailer6

OVERALL
Strength:

Price.
Looks.
Not a very common bike.
handling and for the price you get Dura Ace and Ultegra components!

Cranks could be better. It came with the Shimano 6500 compact. Also the entire bike is carbon so had to upgrade the bars to carbon as they come with aluminum. No biggie but you need to put something in this spot.

Bought a 2008 Kharma in the black and white on closeout from Nytro (First rate seller). First thing you notice is this bike is beautiful. The handling is predictable and no surprises.

specialized- All types

[Dec 03, 2008]
Warren

OVERALL
Strength:

None - you have been warned!

The frame.

Check your frames carefully. I know 7 people who have purchased Kuota's in the last 2 years and 4 of them have cracked frames - not a coincidence.

The frames included 2 x Kharma, 1 x Ksano & 1 x Kredo with the cracking including head tude, seat tube, rear chain stay & bottom bracket.

[Oct 28, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

Very stiff frame, great climber. Great looks. Unique.

None so far, except that people have a hard time pronouncing KUOTA.

Great bike. Just as stiff and quick as my Cannondale was, but the ride is a lot easier on my bod. Lets me kick ass riding with the younger group that I hang with.

Cannondale R600, Trek Madone 5.2, Specialized Roubaix Comp,LeMond Reno, Trek 400, Schwinn LeTour

[Oct 05, 2008]
Kuma601

OVERALL
Strength:

Overall good build with nice components. A solid performing bike at this level.

Some lower level cost savings parts as expected but nothing horribly "bad". All livable for me.

2008 model with Ultegra and DA rear derailleur. A good component build and the reasonable price attracted me to this one. Enough of the box bikes have different cranks, generic house brand stems-bars and brakes to cut costs. Finding a near full group usually amounts to paying for it. The stem and bars here are lower level Deda as is the lower line Selle San Marco saddle. Overall, it comes pretty complete. I had the compact R600 crank swapped for a 6600 Ultegra traditional.

At 150#'s, this bike has nice road qualities for this leisure rider. No surprises; it hands well, doesn't transmit lots of road buzz. Feels smooth without lots of obvious flex or harshness to road variations. It isn't as quick handling as my steel frame with more aggressive angles but this one still takes it well and requires a hair more more nudging. Not a deal breaker since it does the rest so nicely. The Shimano 6600 Ultegra is a solid gruppo and performs as expected. On sprints, this small sized frame is solid for me. It responds to input and it is ready to move.

As noted for some builds, the Fulcrum 7 wheels are ok. This is one of the cost cutting but they aren't offensively bad. They do as they should and are basic wheel set. Sufficiently stiff but on the heavy side. I think a slight bump from Kuota for a Fulcrum 5 or Easton Circuit level wheel would be nicer compliment. The freehub ratchet is loud but I'm not freewheeling enough for it to annoy me. They came properly dished and true.

Victoria Rubino Pro tires nice...no issues.

First CF framed bike...no direct comparisons.

[Sep 15, 2008]
Ken Krueger

OVERALL
Strength:

silky smooth shifting, Ultegra & Shimano group.

None so far

This is the first race bike I've owned so I don't have much else to compare it to, but the Kharma to me is pure joy to ride. Smooth as a flying carpet, agile as cat and has the precision of a sewing machine.