LeMond Bicycles Chambery Road Bike

Group:Shimano 105/Ultegra

[Mar 19, 2008]
jmt114

OVERALL
Strength:

Carbon Spine, Ultegra components, frame geometry seems to be right on for me.

Saddle

Great bike, smooth ride and very comfortable. I love how this bike rides compared to my other all aluminum bike. I did transfer some parts from my last bike (wheels, saddle), but the Chambery comes very well equipped.

I bought this used on ebay. This bike is well equipped, but you can probably find similarly equipped bikes for less than the $2100 retail. For the price I paid, the value rating is a five.

Giant OCR2

[Oct 18, 2007]
Rzar

OVERALL
Strength:

Acceleration
Cornering
Vibration dampening

Weight
Saddle
Stock Wheels

This is my second road bike and a huge upgrade. I was riding the Lemond Etape. So this bike blows away my old one leaps and bounds. It accelerates fast, you step on the pedals and you are gone. Cornering is good, nice and stiff. It soaks up road bumps like a dream. It really is a good combination between the carbon and the aluminum. The only reason why I gave it a 4 is because it is a bit heavy. Granted I am using 05 Mavic Equipes instead of the Bontragar Race. Mine weighed in at 19 lbs.

2005 Lemond Etape

[Sep 29, 2007]
Josef

OVERALL
Strength:

Great frame, very fast, Ultegra components throughout. Good quality all round.

Uncomfortable saddle.

Bought this bike for a good price since it was a 2005 model. The frame is an AC/DC 6066 Aluminium insted of the OCLV Carbon mix as in the new models. However, the frame is stiff, responsive and accomodating to bumpy roads especially in London. The bike is also very fast and is a dream to ride. The components are all Ultegra and you get a lot of quality for the relatively small price.

Cannondale CAAD9 Optimo 1 2007

[Jul 13, 2007]
Dan

OVERALL
Strength:

All Shimano Components, OCLV carbon, small price tag for a great bike. Great on the hills despite the 18lbs. package. Average 2-3kms faster than my previous carbon bike. So strong and solid in every dimension

the Bontrager Race wheels would not be my first choice, the saddle is a disappointment

I have now put close to 1000kms on my machine and absolutely love it. For the price of this bike it is a GEM; it keeps getting better after every ride. When I was looking for a bike, my main concern was the components, and the Chambery delivered for a small price. Being equiped with all Shimano Ultegra (and a few 105 components that I changed out), was exactly what I was in the market for. It's a great bike for the price the OCLV carbon is spectacular as well. I was somewhat hesistant to purchase the Aluminum/Carbon spine, but I do not regret my purchase at all, it has made me a happy happy man. Buy this bike if you are looking for an all-around experience, lots of kms, and variety of terrain. Don't buy this if you are looking for a superlight speedmachine, pay the money for a full carbon/Ti aggressive setup.

Giant CFR 2

[May 03, 2007]
wally

OVERALL
Strength:

Less than 18lbs. handles very well. comfortable (stiff and responsive but the carbon cockpit kills a lot of the road buzz) climbs well, good sprinter.

none really. compared to my Cannondale the craftmanship isn't as nice.

The price I paid is deceiving. I had a 2003 Tete de Course (titanium/carbon spine)with all Campy Chorus. The frame cracked in the titanium section of the down tube. I was not the original owner so Lemond gave me a crash warranty ($650 towards any bike frame) so I got the Chambery (aluminum/carbon spine). Put my Chorus stuff on it and used my Reynolds all carbon fork instead of the Bontrager race, so mine is a kind of souped up version. I did need to get use to it but now after 3 months and about 1000 miles I am really liking it.

2003 tete de Course
2005 Cannondale R500 (cad4 frame)
2002 Lemond Zurich (Reynolds 853 steal)