LeMond Bicycles Tourmalet Road Bike

Tires: 700 x 25c Bontrager Select

[Nov 03, 2009]
gggggggggggg

OVERALL
Strength:

hills sprints its a well rounded bike anddoesnt have any major flaws

its wheel set is a bit heavy

i bought the 2008 version and went for my first training ride with it last saterday.i was terring up hills faster than ever.i was thrilled when we got lost.i bought my bike used and everything seemed kinda tight.i tryed reworking the bearings but they stilll werent super smooth so i bought new hubs and over hauled the bottom bracket im considering replacing it thougth. even thougth its grupo is kinda towards the bottom end product range take good care of them and there pretty smooth so yeah cant wait till my next ride or race

[Jun 04, 2009]
Hellasgator

OVERALL

I purchased the 2008 edition and absolutely love it. THe ride is easy with the carbon rear triangle, fork and seat post. It is also a very stiff ride for those who like to drop the hammer. Bike is well worth the not so expensive price tag.

[Feb 20, 2009]
Al W

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable frame, Tiagra shifts nice, wheels are bullet proof

- Saddle.

Was looking for an entry level racing bike after being out of the sport for a 10+ years. Tried to get the 2007 (red) model due to the full 105, but my size was not available. '08 model componentry drops a little to Tiagra, but IMHO a better frame. Aluminum main triangle with carbon fork and rear end.

All in all, a very nice ride.

Actually at 2008 (black and white)

[Aug 30, 2008]
canflyboy

OVERALL
Strength:

Speed, comfort, good components at a great price.

Brakes and myself

Bike is actually a 2008 model.

I started road riding again this spring after a 25 year hiatus. I started with a Brodie cyclocross which was an excellent multipurpose ride. During the week, I mount a rack on it and it becomes my commuter. Daily commute, about 35 miles. Weekends, I'd mount 23mm tires and go roading with my buds. It was always a struggle keeping up with these guys and for the most part, I attributed it to myself.

About a month ago, I went to get a tire for my cyclocross and ended up buying the Tourmalet (go figure).

What a difference. It was as if I found a couple new gears. Went on my Saturday morning ride with the regulars and couldn't believe how much easier it was keeping up with the pace and how much energy I had in reserve after the ride. And fast!

I like the geometry of the Lemond. I'm a bit longer in the torso and shorter in the leg and really felt comfortable on the bike. Stock seat is surprisingly comfortable and shifts are butter smooth. Brakes are so-so and I might try different pads in the future, but they are more than adequate. Handling is superb, and the ride is a big improvement over the cyclocross.

Although this was a unexpected purchase, I've tried a Specialized Allez and a Felt Z65 and a very happy with the Lamond

Brodie Romulus, Specialized Allez, Felt F65

[Aug 26, 2008]
bbpacc

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable
Light

Handlebars are a bit wide, I've experienced a little back soreness after some rides cause of it.

Great bike!! Came equipped with Ultegra rear, and 105 for all other components. They downgraded the componentry for the later models. For over two years I have had no problems with it.

[Aug 01, 2008]
barrysbroo

OVERALL
Strength:

Carbon Rear triangle
Carbon Fork and seatpost
Tiagra with 105 Rear

I'm not sure about the seat yet. It might get changed here in a bit.

Actually this is for the 2008 Tourmalet. It is now White and Black. It is a very nice looking bike. I was looking for the best $900 bike I could find and I looked at Specialized, Giant and Trek. While I was at the Trek store I noticed the sale sign on the Lemond. It was 20% off. Nuff said. Also I rode the Giant OCR1 and it seemed pretty ok but not that special. I tried the Specialized Sequoia but I did not like the more upright geometry. I wanted to look at the Roubaix like my pals have but the owner would not budge on the price so I went back to the look more closely at the Lemond. Tiagra/105 mix with Bontrager parts all over it. I rode it and it just clicked. It was responsive, the shifting was flawless and the ride was smooth. I said I'd take it. They had to order my size but that turned out to be the best $50 (for shipping) that I'd spend. The bike in the store had a carbon fork and a carbon seat post. Mine came with that plus a carbon seatstay and chainstay! I was floored. This bike is ultra smooth on the road and way more capable than I am.
Some folks complain about the Bontrager parts but I think the wheels are great and the other parts seem to be working fine.

Gitane (old school) and my starter bike was a GMC Denali (Amazon.com!) It was a great starter to prove to my wife that I was serious this time. :)

[Aug 15, 2007]
chgobkr

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast, light, agile, mostly 105 group, comfortable.

Stem. Brakes not the best, esp in wet conditions. Saddle is so so but I'm not in a rush to replace it.

Great bike for the money. Bought after my Allez was stolen and I very much prefer this bike. No problem maintaining 20+ mph. This bike also loves to sprint so I struggle with pacing myself over long distances ;)

Allez Elite

[Jul 14, 2007]
Ronnie Boy Floyd

OVERALL
Strength:

I love the wide handlebar set, the gearing, the brakes, the frame, and the sweet silver-and-block color combo on the 2006 model. It is the Silver Surfer, meng.

None that I'd whine about.

A superb road bike. I made the evolution from MTB to hybrid to this sleek number and I'm having a blast. Bought the bike last May and I have put 2500 kms on it since then. It is a pleasure to ride.

Giant OSR series.

[May 10, 2007]
Joe Kelly

OVERALL
Strength:

Handles very well, good quality components at an affordable price.

so far, only the rider

I am very impressed. Good componente, comfort, and to me, very fast. A very good value. Just about 300 miles in 2 weeks and I like this bike more with each ride.

This replaces a 25 year old Univega

[Jan 11, 2007]
Sid Reese

OVERALL
Strength:

I Like the 105 and Ultegra set-up but will upgrade to some better components as soon as I have more experience. Looking for more speed and longer distances. Would sure welcome some recommendations!

Other than the brakes being a little weak, only the rider.

Great Bike. Lightweight and fairly fast. I believe the bike has good components for the price paid but I will soon upgrade wheels and tires. No complaints on seat or comfort after 500 miles. Average 30 to 45 miles 3 times weekly and no problems so far. Maintain 17 to 19 MPH easily.

Researched and rode Giant, Trek, Specialized, Cannondale and others in the 1000 to 1500 dollar price range but chose this one.

First experience with road bikes but now hooked. Looking to do longer distances at higher speeds.