Merlin Metalworks Inc. Agilis Chorus Road Bike

Frame Material: 3Al/2.5V titanium
Frame Angles: 73.5 head, 73.0 seat
Sizes: xsmall, small, medium, large
Colors: Polished
Pedals: Unspecified
Tires: 700 x 23c Vittoria Rubino Pro

[Apr 29, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Unbelievable quality to the finish. Gorgeous welds. Nimble. Comfortable, but not sluggish.

None that I have seen.

Wow! This bike is a rocket. I can't believe how sharp and responsive it is to ride. I bought it to do some serious road riding between cyclocross seasons. I am so impressed that I am thinking of entering with it in a few duathlons. I fear no hills now!

Guerciotti

[Feb 09, 2004]
trekmtnrider

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything. The 1" stays are unbelievably stiff, yet the compliancy is unreal comfortable. The best of both worlds with a light, lively feel.

Nadda

I dont have the vocabulary necessary to describe what it is to ride something this nice. I demo'd a 2003 Agilis and LOVED it. I used the demo for 2 days and it was amazing- I knew I had to have one. I had never ridden Ti, only steel and aluminum- the Ti just floats along. It really feels like you glide over bumps. However it accelerates like crazy. The BB, even being square taper Chorus, is super stiff. The first 2 rides I did on it (after being fitted of course) was a 100 mile journey. No pain, no soreness, nothing. The day after that I did 120 miles and same thing- no pain, nothing. Amazing comfort, BB stiffness, looks, welds- everything. Everything about this bike is unreal. The Campy compliments it very well and the 2004 Chorus is quite elegant with the Ti Merlin. With CXP33 Mavic rims and Chorus hubs its about 17lbs.

Independent Fabrications Crown Jewel (853), Specialized S Works, LeMond Chambery, etc.