Norco Products CRR SL M6 Road Bike

• Freewheel: Shimano Dura Ace, 10 speed, 11-23

[Aug 31, 2008]
fusedmaniac

OVERALL
Strength:

fast, light, CHEAP

the aluminum handle bars might be a little bone jarring on rough roads but the full carbon fork easily makes up for it I believe.

This review is for the 2009 Norco CRR SL Carbon fibre bike not the M6 Aluminum frame. I was originally shopping for a carbon bike that had an ultegra grouppo or maybe an ultegra dura ace mix as I was trying to get the best performance for price and all at a reasonable weight. On my third visit to Impala Bicycles I saw the 2008 version of this bike on the showroom floor and asked the sales associate how much they wanted. He told me $3100. I was stunned he was willing to part with a brand new high end bike with a full dura ace grouppo for such a low price so I took it out for a test ride. Unfortunately the size medium frame (53cm) did not fit me properly so I asked if they had the same frame in a larger size available. He told me that they didnt have anything immediately available but that he would give Norco a call to see if they could send one out. I get a phone call from Impala and they're sorry to say that Norco had no more of that frame in stock as they had begun producing the 2009 frames and were sold out of the 08's. so I go back into the shop and ask if they could give me the next frame down the line as it was the right size for me, they tell me sure thing. I get another call the next day and they give me some good news and bad news. The good news, the frame is all built up and ready for a test ride. The bad news, there's a crack in the top tube and the frame is no good. So another call to Norco and they ship out the 2009 top of the line CRR SL frame as a replacment (I havn't even bought the bike yet so talk about service). The frame shows up at the store a week or so later and they get it built up for me in a day. I go for a 50km test ride just to make sure everything fits alright and when I get back to the store down goes the credit card. Showed up the next day for a fitting and when that was all said and done rode her on her semi-inaugural ride home. Since then I've only put about 500km on it but I've loved every single one of them. The bike handles exceptionally well and loves to climb because it is so light (16.2 pounds with pedals cages etc). It's stiff and nimble. Just for reference I'm 5'11" 158 pounds and the bike fits like a glove. It has a full Dura Ace grouppo, selle italia prolink seat, ritchy wcs bars, stem and seatpost.