Opera Canova Road Bike

# Opera's newest model, the Canova is giving the Pinarello F4:13 a run for its money. From the high modulus monocoque frame to the Opera Opus fork and seat stays, to the "large weave carbon" finish, this bike is a work of art.
The Opera Canova FP is made from the same mold as the Leonardo FP… literally. The Canova FP is made with a slightly different (30HM3K) high modulus carbon than the Leonardo FP (46HM3K).

[Feb 20, 2013]
kmax

OVERALL
Strength:

stiff, comfort, good ride quality

dull paint scheme, not so light

switched from orbea onix to opera canova.
immediately i can feel the better ride quality and comfort.
i have opera with ultegra groupset and fulcrum zeros, still not the lightest bike among our group, nor prettiest (bianchi, dogma) but best return in terms of $ value.
this bike sprints fast, climb well and able to hold the speed.
and matching most seatpost, handle, cranks are a plus point.

orbea onix carbon

[Oct 07, 2012]
Will Alston

OVERALL
Strength:

You will be pleasantly surprised by the ride quality. Bike does it all: climbs like a dream, uphills sprints with the best, featherweight classis, stiffness is perfect. This is the goldilocks of bikes, everything is just right,

Name flies below radar.

Hit the lottery with this bike.Brought it for a grand and I am smiling everytime I ride it. I would put this bike up against any big name brand anyday. I love the look on people's faces when I pull up to the line. Everyone that has test ridden the bike has feel in love with as much as I have. Been offered a lot more than I paid for it.

Kestel Talon

[Oct 10, 2011]
David B

OVERALL
Strength:

Strengths: Looks, light, strong on the climbs, fast on the flats, rails on the corners.

Afraid for the first scratch that will mark up this beauty.

I rode the Opera Leonardo for almost 4 years. This year I needed to go to a new frame due to a mechanical problem and so I ended up with the 2011 Opera Canova. I added all my Campy Veloce group to the frame and added Fulcrum Racing Zero wheels along with the MOST Thundercat bars. I was thrilled with my Leonardo as an overall ride, but the 2011 Canova is a lighter and stronger bike and it blows the 2008 Leonardo out of the water!

Not only does it make a stunning statement on the road with it's sexy Ferrari Red scheme, but the ride is racy, strong, and certain. This is a sports car of a bike that will put you into "smile mode" when you ride. It is simply fun to ride. Comparing the price with the Pinarello FP 4 the Opera is the only way to go. Unless you need the sticker from Pinarello (though the Opera has plenty of PInarello markings on it), buy this bike because it is worth every penny you pay to ride it, and every penny you save by going with Opera!

Opera Leonardo

[Aug 08, 2010]
Mark

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff and fast in the sprints, yet smooth and secure on the descents. Wish I had more time to ride it and do it justice.

None yet. Unless you count fretting about that first scratch.

The first mile on this frame I thought I'd bought a dud - felt like I couldn't feel the road. Then I realized I was so used to the harshness of my old frame I didn't know what smooth felt like! This frame takes the buzz out of the tarmac but is still PLENTY stiff. Jumping out of the saddle is a dream, yet the miles are easy on you. It's also eye-catching and not so well-known that people won't give it a second look. Gonna keep this one for a while, I think!

Mostly steel frames (Landshark, Waterford 1200, Bianchi) and an old (stiff) aluminum Cannondale.

[Jun 02, 2009]
bigjohn54

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth, Stiff, Gorgeous

I have a steel custom made Tomassini that I love but I have to say that this carbon frame rides just as nice but much stiffer for sprinting. I weigh 265 lbs and no flex at all. It is absolutely smooth and gorgeous to look at. Best carbon bike I have ever ridden and I have ridden some of the top of the line carbon frames made.

Look KG 381 Team, Time VXR, Cervelo Soloist.

[Apr 25, 2007]

OVERALL
Strength:

Climbing, sprinting, crits, centuries, touring, training, commuting, conversations, sex appeal,

Everything else is a board or a wet noodle. People keep breaking their necks in my vicinity. No one at the cafe will leave me alone.

My new favorite bike! This is the lively responsive carbon (not dead weight.) My bikes must be stiff and efficient, yet this is the most comfortable bike I have ridden. Smooth, stable, fast, predictable, this bike does it all. Centuries, climbing, sprinting; I have even toured on it. I got the less expensive heavier model (compared to the Leonardo) because I am so reckless, but this thing takes everything I can dish out, begging for abuse.

Simontetti, Torelli, Cannondale, Masi, Trek, Kona, Bontrager, Pinarello, Specialized, Mandaric.