Pinarello Angliru Road Bike

Best Price At

Completely new for 2006, Angliru has a Tig welded 7005 T6 aluminium frame. With it´s carbon fi bre rear seatstays, Angliru is the ideal bicycle for riders who want legendary Italian performance at a reasonable price.
ANGLIRU, Tubing “Angliru Pinarello”, Tig welding. Fork “LAMA” carbon 1” 1/8 integral system, CRS carbon.

[Apr 13, 2009]
NickCromoton

OVERALL
Strength:

You can tell your mates that you have a Pinarello.

It's not a real Pinarello.

I'm no great impressionist. I can do a passable Deidre from Coronation Street and can have a decent stab at a Nigerian mini-cab driver. But even if I were good at imitating celebrities, I wouldn't. It's wrong and it's embarrassing. So why should the Angrilu pretend to be a Pinarello, when it plainly isn't. Sure, it is a decent enough entry level racer, but for the hefty(ish) list price, you'd be expecting something a little... well, a little bit more Pinarello. It simply doesn't have the Italian feel. OK, it's fairly light; it is fairly stiff; it's fairly good looking. But just like Les Dennis, it's fairly disappointing.

Cinelli Proxima, Bianchi Via Nirone

[Jun 22, 2007]
xfimpg

OVERALL

This is an update from my last post dated May 14.
Okay. Absolutely love this ride. Light, fast, climbs like a goat, feels very solid. Tiagra version 9 works great - helps when you have an awesome mechanic. Thanks Andy (Le Maillot Jaune (Montreal)!

[May 14, 2007]
Michel

OVERALL
Strength:

- overall comfort
- light
- good vibration absorbtion
- great paint job, seems resistant to scratches

- would offer at least 105 front and back instead of tiagra
- upgraded saddle to Selle Italia
- handlebar tape could be cushier

Purchased price is in Canadian funds.
I'm a mountain biker who's gone to a road bike to commute to work and for the weekend open roads. Since i purchased this bike only 3 weeks ago, i'll try follow up later with a long-term review.
I love this bike. Light, sturdy, no rattles, goes like stink. Excellent directional change, very precise handling. I shopped for 3 weeks and almost purchased a Fuji Roubaix, but opted for the Arigula because of the quality italian-made frame and because the bike spoke to me. Components are Tiagra (re-designed by Shimano for 2007) front and rear. Rear shifts great, front is another story. Will give my LBS a shot at fine-tuning it since I am breaking the bike in. At that price, I could've purchased a Specialized Roubaix (full carbon), but the bike just didnt speak to me, and I believe you have to want to get on it and ride it!
Carbon fork and rear stays do an good job of absorbing bumps, keep in mind i'm used to a mountain bike. The wheels/tires are great, no complaints whatsoever.

- Shopped Giant OC2, Fuji Roubaix, Specialized Roubaix, Specialized Sequoia, Trek 1200, Giant TCR and probably a few more that I can't remember. Some of these are racers, some are not.