Pinarello FP2 Road Bike

Pinarello FP2 SRAM Rival Bike 2011: The FP2 Carbon geometry is, in perfect Pinarello style, devoted to competition. The frame is powerful, the down tube is massive, and the bottom bracket, heart and fulcrum of this triangle, is unyielding to the...

[Jun 26, 2015]
redtailfool

OVERALL
Strength:

-Italian style , very distinctive look.
-Suprisingly Comfortable ride
- Great geometry
- Very Stable

It is a bit on the heavy side . Stock components are heavy.

Looks Amazing. Those wavy forks and stays are amazing, all the little details such as tiny rubber rings to protect the frame from scratches. Ride comfort is also great. This bike negates all the chatter and smalls bumps on your ride.
Definitely comfortable , The most stable road bike i have ever ridden and the geometry is also great.. its comfortable and makes you want to go fast .

Madone, Supersix , Synapse

[Apr 18, 2010]
col182

OVERALL
Strength:

Frame, ride, comfort, and the best looking bike on the market

Most componentry - Compact crank ok, tyres and saddle are awful

Bike a 2009 model and the first bike that I have purchased new and fit to me. I can't really fault the overall quality of the entire package. Took ages to get used to the compact crank (only once or twice looked for that extra cog lately) and the ride quality is superb. Upgraded the wheels from Racing 7 to racing 5s and worth the extra couple of bucks. Downside is the Most tyres and Saddle that it came standard with as they are crap!!!!! Change to Vredestein Tri Comp tyres and the ride improved even more. (saddle change very soon). Stiff frame gives great acceleration and steering is very direct and precise.

Klein

[Apr 06, 2010]
EMGrinan

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiffness, control, very good climber.

So far: tires as it came equipped with a set of Most brand tires. It was like having a Ferrari with a club store private label set of tires!

This is actually a 2010 model. Pinarello has changed the FP2 to a carbon frame. Mine has actually 350 miles on it, being an upgrade from an aluminum Giant OCR3. Being a 210 pound rider, I could feel a positive difference immediately. Just completed a 100 mile ride with +4,500 feet in climbing and descent speeds of +40 mph. It behaved superbly!

Giant OCR3.

[Aug 07, 2009]

OVERALL
Strength:

RACE BRED DESIGN-COMPONENT GROUPO-LOOKS AND HANDLES BETTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE AT THIS PRICE!!

NONE SO FAR

2008 PINARELLO FP2,YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR DRIVING A FERRARI WHEN YOU RIDE THIS BIKE,I CANT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT IT.EVERY TIME I STOP RIDING,PEOPLE STOP TO LOOK AND ASK ME HOW I LIKE IT,WITH THE ONDA STAYS AND FORK,HIGHLY MANIPULATED TUBE SHAPES AND HAND PAINT JOB-WHATS NOT TO LIKE!!

TREK 5200-SPECIALIZED-GIANT TCR-
KLEIN-TAYLOR

[Feb 23, 2009]
lachy94

OVERALL
Strength:

Great groupset, lovely shifting, light and reliable, hasn't let me down yet. Haven't really changed anything except the saddle on the bike, everything else is great the way it is.

The most saddle the bike came with was just nasty for me (going numb is very disconcerting) - the Selle Italia Flite on it now is great though. The store also decided to fit it with compact cranks - I could have had that changed when I bought it for free, didn't think it was a good idea but I really with I had, now. Compact cranks are ok, but it does kill my top speed a bit.

The bike is actually a 2008 FP2, not sure why only 2007 and older are available in the drop-down list. Clocked up around 2000km so far, lots of little 20-30km rides, some 50-80km rides and the odd 100+ ride. Rode 208km the other day and had no problems with the bike at all. Great for racing around at 30-40km/h, comfy enough to cruise around at 20km/h when I'm feeling less energetic. This is the first road bike I have owned, and the best bike by a loooong way, so perhaps my absolute love of the bike is just because I haven't got anything good to compare against, but it truly is a lovely ride.

None - this is really the first high quality road bike I have ridden. In fact, the only other I have ridden is an early-80's era Apollo - no comparison at all.