Pinarello FP7 Carbon Road Bike

Pinarello FP7 Chorus Bike 2010: The expected success of the FP3 and the many requests received to try a carbon version and different components led to the development in late 2008 of the FP7 46HM3K. The main difference from...

[Apr 24, 2018]
matepare

OVERALL
Strength:

Smoothness of ride, uphill responsiveness, downhill cornering, quality finish and stiffness when heavy cranking

Price (but got in sale), so no weaknesses. Have never regretted spending the money, upgraded to Dura-Ace after 5000km (from Ultegra) and took it to a new Level.

Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2012
[Oct 10, 2011]
Mark Polvliet

OVERALL
Strength:

None what so ever

Normally I would say price but I think this model highly undervalued so very good buy

My FP7 is the red edition with campa record 11 speed, campa shamal wheels en M.ost components as in bar seatpost.
I bought this bike early february 2011 and put already 3000 miles on it. What an abslolute pleasure to go out with this bike everytime! Smooth, responsive and steers superb! Not the lightest of the lot but that gives you the feeling YOU are in control of the bike. Nice aspect of the bike is that where ever you go, people will always stop and look at this bike. It gives you the feeling you own something special, and it truly is so!!

Orbea Onix

[May 08, 2011]
ross

OVERALL
Strength:

as above.great frame confident feel up and down hills. makes you nwant to accellerate fast .

none to date

my second pinarello .had the last one 9years.love the fp7 with chorus campag.set up.very responsive nearly ran up the gutter 1st.corner. very light to handle but ride is great in all aspects. likedriving a great sportscar.

pinarello sirocco. nice old bike.going to do it up and keep you can do that with these type of bikes full of character.

[Jan 18, 2011]
humpside

OVERALL
Strength:

2 major strengths... It's smooth as heck and the size availabilities. One of the reasons why I own the Pinarello FP7 and the Scott CR-1 is that there are not too many high-end bikes that are available is super small sizes. These 2 have that luxury for us shorter folk.

2 major weaknesses... It's not in the weight weenie category. And the price is high. You definitely pay for the brand name and the bling factor. It arguably has an extremely high bling bling factor. Even with my sub 14 Scott CR1 bike being fitted with the best components, it doesn't get nearly as many second looks as the Pinarello FP7.

I've owned a lot of bikes. I've been a huge fan of Scott, especially their CR-1's. So that is my benchmark against the Pinarello FP7, which is kind of funny because the Pinny costs so much more. Upon testing the FP7, my first thought was that it's a bike for an old man. It's way too smooth and doesn't have the sharp response that my Scott has. It's also noticeably a lot heavier, but that may not be a fair since my CR-1 is 14 lbs. I test rode this several times (after all, it is a $6k bike) and the more I rode it the more I understood it's characteristics. Though it is heavier, it's not less responsive as I initially thought. It's just a lot smoother. I know this b/c I rode the exact same route on my CR-1 and my average and top speeds were the same. So in summary, here's what I can say about the Pinarello FP7. It's not a light bike, but it rides extremely well. If you ride on roads that can be rough (which LA has plenty of), you'll notice the benefit of a smoother ride. I like the twitchy responsiveness of my Scott and that's exactly what the FP7 does NOT have. Think of it this way... The Scott CR-1 is more of a Porsche 911 turbo; push the throttle and you'll feel the power fishtailing you all over the place. The Pinarello FP7 is more of a Bently. It has just as much power, but you'd never know because it's so damned smooth which makes it that much more comfortable. Is it worth twice the price? It is if you can afford it, because I will admit, it does look twice as nice. The Pinarello FP7 is one of the sexiest looking bikes on the planet!

Pinarello Prince (2005 aluminum), Cannondale Synapse 3, Colnago Master (steel), Scott CR-1 SL (2006), Scott CR-1 Pro (2010)

[Aug 09, 2010]
Guitar Player

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth, comfortable ride.
Stiff frame.

A bit pricey, but it's a top of the line bike so I suppose that's to be expected. Slightly heavy compared to other bikes in this class.

One test ride at the bike shop and I knew this was the one for me. The ride is smooth and comfortable, damping most road vibration while the asymetrical frame still ensures a stiff frame for putting the power to the road...it's the best of both worlds.

Cervelo R3

[Apr 13, 2010]
gibalon

OVERALL
Strength:

Exceptional riding qualities
Stiff but not a jaw breaker
Responsive at higher speeds
Great Looks

Haven't found any

This bike is a smart choice if you are thinking of buying a Prince but would like to save some money. The bike is very similar in riding qualities; Perhaps very much the same if you are not an expert. The FP7 is a race bike no doubt about that; It will react exceptionally well at higher speed. Frame is not a sub 1000 gram but can asure there is not much of a difference when climbing; Also there are some adjustments you can make to reduce weight like changing the saddle and bars. Mine was upgraded with lighter saddle and bars and is 7.2 kgs with pedals and watter bottle cages. Anyway, riding qualities are exceptional and looks are great from any perspective. In a perfect world, i would change wheels for a lighter pair and this bike would match if not surpass many top of the table bikes from other premium brands.

Pinarello Prince
Carrera Phibra

[Apr 09, 2010]
Mike Squire

OVERALL
Strength:

Still yet comfortable. Was amazed at its handling

Not found any yet

This bike is amazing. right from day one i was amazed how it felt so fast. I thought i could not be any more impressed. Well that was until my first hill! it was like it was rocketing out from under me.

[Jun 14, 2009]
bigbrett1971

OVERALL
Strength:

Loves hills,great looking bike,nice group set,

too firm ride at times on rough road

FP7 Red colour,Fulcrum racing 1 (2 way fit)Chrous 11,Deda super natural bar,Fizik microtex tape.I have also a Wiler cento and a Trek madone 5.1.
This bike is very stiff and responsive,not as comfotable as the trek or wilier though alot better at climbing the hills.The bike wakes up over 30 kmh it seems to ride alot better sounds weird but its true .Gets alot of looks the guy at the bike shop said you would be the only guy in sydney riding this model as it was just released.

Wilier cento

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.