Raleigh USA Grand Sport Road Bike

Updated for 2006 with an Atomic 13 aluminum frame and smooth riding carbon fiber fork, the Grand Sport brings true Raleigh road bike performance to an affordable price point. Shimano Sora STI shifters and Tiagra rear derailleur and a Truvativ Touro triple crankset provide reliable, consistent performance.

• Atomic 13 Aluminum Frame, Zero stack headtube
  • Shimano Sora 8spd Shifters
  • Shimano Tiagra / 2200 Derailleurs
  • Truvativ Touro Triple crankset 30/42/52t

• USER REVIEWS

[Jun 15, 2012]
    Steve B

OVERALL
    Strength:

entry level price, good performance from entry level components, pleasant geometry, fairly good weight (for a bigger rider).

don't be disappointed when the big boys drive away from you. They paid 3000 for their bikes, and deserve the extra mph.

This bikes best selling point was actually it's very good value. The cycling mags covered seemingly ALL the road bike brands and levels in the 2011 complete bike review, and this bike was tagged as being an extremely Big Bang for your buck, and that's what it's turned out to be for me. I bought the 2011 model, which is equipped with much of the entry (but adequate) level components. Nothing has let me down to this point. I am just now upgrading to a set of Mavic rims, and a SRAM rear cassette.

[Aug 04, 2009]
    Johny

OVERALL
    Strength:

Many people think aluminum bodies are a weakness. Actually if you wiegh more than 170 pounds this bike holds your wieght better than any carbon fiber model. The wieght of the bike does not affect the speed, it is a very fast bike (I have wipped up on some Cervelos and Biachis with it). The shifters and deraillers are shimano sora and are streamlined into the bike for seamless shifting. Tecktro brakes are the same used in high end road cycles.

No weaknesses. Not even the stock pedals. I have never used clip pedals and I will tell you that it doesn't matter.

This is an awesome bike for the cyclist looking for a way to get into road cycling. I am a commuter cyclist and a recreational road cyclist on the weekends and during the week. This bike has held up against long 30+ mile rides in all sorts of wheather as well as several falls and accidents. I recommend this bike to anyone that gets their hands on it. It was a steal of a deal.

This is my first road bike.

[Apr 17, 2008]

OVERALL
    Strength:

Smooth, quick and responsive.

The stock pedals. Definately get a new one before you leave the store!

Did my homework and decided that this was the best bike for the price. So far no regrets. Great bike.

[Jan 12, 2008]
    Ron

OVERALL
    Strength:

Like I said it is a tough bike. I had a accident where I went through a fence. I got right back on the bike and finished the ride. Front forks diffently held up during the accident.

The pedals that came with the bike.

Great bike for the money. I purchased this bike and rode 1300 miles on it in 3 months, didn't have a problem. It is a an extremely tough bike and has been a joy to ride almost daily.

[Jul 17, 2007]

OVERALL
    Strength:

Price for performance. Carbon Fork.

Snob appeal

Great bike for the money. I keep this at a vacation home and it is a joy to ride. If your not going to do century rides or be a dihard, this bike will do everything you could want. The adjustable angle stem sure helps my older back. The triple shifts smoothly.

Bianchi 928 Carbon which I love.

[Jul 17, 2007]
    sandy

OVERALL
    Strength:

Price for performance. Carbon Fork.

Snob appeal

Bianchi 928 Carbon which I love.

[Jun 29, 2006]
    Tim

OVERALL
    Strength:

Price and versatility. It's good for riding on city roads on weekdays and passing up joy riders on weekends

The Seat. It isn't suitable for racing and it's not comfortable enough for commuting. I switched to a Specialized Milano and I'll never switch back.

Great entry level bike for the competitive commuters like myself. Stock weight of 25 lbs isn't ideal for hills, but is durable for rough city roads. I recommend changing the stock 23c tires to 25c for extra durability.

[Sep 01, 2004]

OVERALL
    Strength:

Price:: I don't race, and I don't tour loaded: this setup is fine value, I am not paying lots for features I don't use. Comfort:: comfortable to my tastes without being a touring bike. Fine for smooth roads, but, a couple of miles of steady cracks/potholes, or a quarter mile of a "pebble-like" surface and you've had it.

Well, its strength is also its weakness, it is relatively inexpensive and more of an all around bike. So its great if that is what you are looking for, but it's not a racer and not for crummy roads.

Mine is actually the 2003 (the 2004 looks to have change to carbon fork): I probably rode this bike 2000-3000 miles in the countryside the last year without any problems. Typically 30 mile rides relatively flat, but including some 60+ miles with hills. The triple is fine on 10% grade, the bike is fast enough for me (17-20 mph no problem), and I like the compact geometry.

Had a 1988 Miyata 112, CR-MO double 42-52 chainrings and 6 spd 14-28 sis. The Raleigh is unquestionably more comfortable, faster, and modern than the Miyata.