Scattante CFR Race Road Bike

If you’re a racer looking for optimum speed and top-level performance, we’ve got your ride. Lightweight, carbon monocoque frame is constructed using 30 tons high modulus and low FAW graphite fiber with a high impact epoxy for incredible durability. Revolutionary Composite Bladder Molding (CBM) technology increases strength and the Aerospace Composite Structure provides nearly weightless feel. What you get is a ride that’s laterally stiff, vertically resilient and remarkable in feel. Add in a carbon fork, Shimano’s Ultegra components, TruVativ cranks, dual-pivot brakes and Shimano wheelset for a super-fast, smooth and responsive ride that can handle any curve you put in its path.

[May 21, 2018]
mdlynn

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light and responsive frame, but it does a good job of absorbing road noise. Nicely spec'd with Ultegra and FSA components.

My only upgrade was with the wheelset. The Aksiums are decent, but this bike deserves better. I went with Ksyriums.

Price Paid:
$2600
Model Year:
2012
[Mar 18, 2016]
Daryl King

OVERALL
Strength:

Good looking, light, stiff, well made.

Nothing really. The Shimano Dura Ace rear shifting went bad but the shop fixed it, shifts like "buttah" again

I got this bike for about $1500 from Performance about 3 years ago.
components are good and the bike is well made and looks and rides good.
The wheels could use an upgrade and I recently upgraded the stem to a Zipp stem for some bling factor and new bar tape that's about all.
The "bad" thing about this bike is it says "Scattante" on it and not "Trek Madone" or some Italian Orbea or something, but those are expensive!

[Nov 16, 2013]
GEORGE LAMBERT

OVERALL
Strength:

Quality components at a great price, beautiful paint, sexy name also.

brakes could be better but easy to change don't let that stop you.

I bought a Scattante CFR Comp in 2009 and have over 5k miles on it. I upgraded to ultegra brakes and went to Continental GP4000 tires when the originals worn out. The bike handles great is fast and the 105 components have been smooth and reliable. When you look at other brands with the same components you see that you get no improvement over the CFR but you will pay $1000 or more for the same thing. Why? For the brand name? That's up to you but you cannot bet this bike for the price from Performance Bike.

[Feb 20, 2013]
king claw

OVERALL
Strength:

fast, sturdy, great on century as well as recreational rides. Owned it since 2010. Daily use for fitness holds rather well. Great paint job and lighter than my steel bike. Responsive and corners very well. Great price point. Shopped around and it is half the price of similarly equipped bikes.

None whatsoever

Replaced a couple of bikes and have been very pleased with cfr scatante race

rei strada, giant

[Jun 02, 2012]
Brian

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, Durable, Price/performance you cant beat.

nothing substansial really but:
Paint job - has started to produces tiny air pockets (could be my fault for leaving it out to long in the sun after long rides)
aluminum steerer tube

There are lighter better performing bikes on the market but as a college student that takes cycling pretty seriously this is a perfect bike for this part of my life, over 4,000 miles on it now and frame is still well performing and the build is obviously solid. Plent of century rides on it and it always is stiff enough to respond well without destroying the comfort needed for long rides. I really like the bowed seat stay that was a big seller for me and has always been one of my favorite parts of the frame. Its like a pinerello without the crazy hype and price tag. the front fork is great as well it has a nice curve in it which makes it a bit less agressive but I think it helps on long rides (though it could be psychological). I would of liked to have a carbon steerer tube but hey you cant have everything. I like how bulky the headtube is really absorbes the road. The paint job is starting to have weird bubbles in the ourter coating, could just be age however. I think Ive left it in the sun on the bike rack too many times after big rides not bothering to hang it up. internal cabling near the bottom bracket used for the front derailer was a nice feature Ive found which really helps prevent grime build up on the cabling.

[Apr 09, 2010]
Bill

OVERALL
Strength:

Full Carbon, top components in the running gear. If you are a beginner or intermediate this a great bike. The components alone at the time would have cost in the 1000 - 1200 range. So you were picking up a carbon frame for a fraction. I was concerned weighing 220 lbs but this baby performs

I don't ride her enough

I have had many bikes that were supposed to "fit" me. Many shop dealers not doing a good job and me not being pro active and finding out what I needed. I am 6'5" and wanted a good bike to do road racing. I have been on treks and specialized both good bikes but was mis informed on fitting so I did not fully enjoy them. Then came my baby....She is 61cm and full carbon and loves to ride. The shop folks were not all roadies, save one, and he was tremendous help. If you go by there he is the diver!

Trek, Specialized, Cilo, and Schwinn

[Dec 22, 2009]
Tim Curry

OVERALL
Strength:

The ride. The 61 CM frame just fits me like a glove. It's a smooth ride, it climbs like a billy goat, and transfers power to the road.

I like the oversized carbon tubes too. Because of the tubes the bike does not look 61 cm. My RB1 looks huge compared to it. Finally a bike bike that doesn't look freakish.

I guess the weight. It weighs more than I'd have thought. But still lighter than my RB1, not at light as my aluminum fixed gear commuter.

I've been a riding/racing/commuting on bikes since the 1980s. All this time I had ridden steel, not wanting to be tempted by the allure of carbon fiber. Will I finally took the plunge and picked up the Scattante CFR with Ultegra Drive Train. One word decribes my experience with this bike so far: "magnificent"

Bridgestone RB1, Tomasso, Miata, Nishiki

[May 03, 2009]
Seamonster

OVERALL
Strength:

Essentially unbeatable value. The rewards program extends your dollar even further.

Stock components may seem a little mish-mash, but make sense and are lighter than a good many alternatives in the long run.

My 58cm as it came from the store with cages and pedals installed weighed in at almost 20 lbs! This bike is not a lightweight, despite being all carbon and Ultegra equipped. Most of the weight is centered on the fork, believe it or not, and that I list here as the biggest fault. The entire fork seems overbuilt, with what seems to be way too much metal in the crown and super thick steerer tube. Swapping this out and the stock Aksiums, I was able to cut the weight to around 17 lbs dead.

An excellent all round bike, offering all the benefits of full carbon construction at a price where you'd only usually get seatstays. Reliable Ultegra components shift seamlessly. Hollow carbon FSA crankset is a nice free upgrade from a plain-jane Ultegra and slightly lighter lighter than Dura-Ace. Tektro brakes may not stop as well Dura-Ace head to head but are lighter. Ergo drop bars work ok for me, but this is up to personal preference.

Ksyrium Equipe wheelset is "better" than Aksium but still a far cry from the Elite or SL models. It's still a $300 wheelset however and whatever weakpoints there may be with it is more a fault of Mavic than Performance.

Signing up for the rewards card when buying the bike also got me an essentially free set of pedals and cages, adding to an already great value.

The frame is stiff and compliant as carbon should be and although there may be marginally better riding bikes out there, I don't see a point in paying at least double the money for them.

***The 2008 model has a frame similar to the Pedal Force ZX3 or Max Lelli bikes and are all made by ADK of Taiwan. The 12k weave is slightly heavier than 3k weave versions.

[May 02, 2009]
stealthrunner

OVERALL
Strength:

Frame is nice and stiff
Mavic wheels( decent for price paid)
climbs like a billy goat!!!

brakes!!!! had to upgrade to a extra set of DA I had from my last bike build.

I am a Triathlete, who was looking for an inexpensive road bike with decent components to ride with friends for group rides. Tri bikes really don't handle well in a pack. This bike will impress you and for half the $$ it is not listed for selection for posting, but this bike is a 2008 model. You will have to upgrade minor components to improve ride quality, like the seat, brakes, forte brakes are good but lack substantial stopping power

Cervelo R3, Trek Madone 5.5

[May 02, 2009]
gatorfalcon

OVERALL
Strength:

High end, Ultegra, components.
Weight, frame guarantee
Dealer support at Performance Bike

After searching for months for a carbon road bike, I chose the Scattante Race based on value and quality. I'm 6'2" so the 61cm frame fit me best. It rides like a dream. I've had it up to 42mph with no shutter. The bike is a 2008 model. (2008 was not an option on the "year" section above.) Although I liked some other carbon frames more, I couldn't convince myself to pay almost twice over what I paid for this bike. Having ridden it for a few weeks, I know I made the right choice.

1982 Silk

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.