Serotta Sports Inc. Colorado III Road Bike

· Serotta C5S Colorado Concept Columbus Niobium triple butted and swaged steel · Large diameter double butted and tapered steel seat stays · Serotta butted steel S-bend chainstays · Serotta Low-Pro head-ons · Serotta 3D XL dropouts · Lightweight ‘S’ brake bridge

[May 05, 2006]
ace2937

OVERALL
Strength:

Stable, light weight ride easy on the wallet. Great workmanship.

None.

This bike was purchased second hand so the actual purchase price was lower. The bike rides like an arrow. I often ride from New York City to Park Ridge New Jersey, where I got the bike and I must say I am never tired or feel banged up. Steel is for real. Finish is first rate, color (Porsche Bebe) spectacular, and my full ultegra components are butter. I just purchased a Specialized Arial saddle, light and very comfy.

Old raleigh grand prix. Cannondale R700.

[Aug 21, 2005]
BobPr

OVERALL
Strength:

Great steel at a minimal weight penalty. Beautiful bicyle built just for me. Should last me until retirement.

A little pricey, but you get a special bicycle that you can keep for life.

My first custom bicycle. It's great to have a bicycle made for my size, weight (heavy!) and riding style. Comfortable for long rides, stiff, but compliant. Tracks and corners as well as any bike I've ridden. Gorgeous paint (cobalt blue), great build quality (which is to be expected). I've got about 1,000 miles in and would choose this bicycle again. A significant step up from my 2003 Allez Cro-Mo Comp in stiffness, handling and confidence at high speeds - particularly the Ouzo Pro fork (I've had it over 50 mph without any drama).

Specialized Allez, Masi Gran Criterium, Scattante Airplane, Trek 2300,

[Jan 17, 2005]
beachguy1401

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, easy to ride easy, easy to ride hard, easy to climb for a Floridian and light weight. Custom fit

Chips and dings from bike rack and condo bike room. $$$

Have ridden The Serotta Colorado III for two years and 7200 miles in Florida, Seattle To Portland, Austin, Wash. DC.Mostly 30-40 mile club rides.

Giant Ocr, Specialized Allez

[Dec 13, 2004]
estopadecoco

OVERALL
Strength:

Ride quality/price balance Ride quality (steel rules) Custom Fit

It is expensive...but heck I wanted the thing.

I do 2 triathlons a year and ride on regular basis. I wanted a good road bike I could use for triathlons with minor modifications. After 4 months of research, I came across the Serotta brand. I researched Independent Fabrication and all the brands I test-rode (see below). I test-rode Guru, Moots, Quinatana Roo, Cannondale, Trek, Lightspeed, Merlin, Cervelo, and Look. I tried frames made of aluminum, titanium, carbon fiber, steel, and composites/combinations of these materials. I liked the steel ride quality better than any other material, so the fact that steel is cheaper made the desicion easier. I worried about corrosion, so I opted for the Serotta Brand. They use Columbus Nobidum steel on their CIII. I found it to be the most recently produced alloy out there that I could find for carbon steel with enhanced corrosion resistant properties. I have used the bike 8 times (not as much as I would like but work gets on the way). I have no complains on the ride quality...it feels as good as the Serottas I tested and better that the other materials (Carbon fiber feels dead, Aluminum feels to stiff, and titanium is too $$$$$). The CIII is quick and feels very light. The custom fit feels great.

I have been a mountain biker for the last 5 years. Before that I had an old steel road bike...(very heavy and cheap)