Serotta Sports Inc. Fierte Steel Road Bike

· Serotta P2S butted Columbus Niobium tubing · Colorado Concept butted/swaged downtube · Serotta S-bend chainstays · Serotta Low-Pro head-ons · 'Hidden' headtube extensions · Serotta 3D XL dropouts

[Sep 05, 2009]
alex aceves

OVERALL

I have a Serotta Fierte steel and live in Mexico,I ride it almost every day. here the roads are rough and jumpy, I'll keep my frame forever, is so comfortable ride, smooth and I perfect fit on it that I recomnded better that carbon, titanium or aluminum.
Zipp 404
selle italia Sign

[Jul 29, 2009]
robert schueller

OVERALL
Strength:

What can I Say?
Steel w/ carbon stays
custom sizing from the Factory.

I found it a little light in the front end.

The Serotta feels so great under you it almost melts away the road. I have no problems keeping up with if not beating the Carbon Bad Boy on the block these days. I ride probably 200 or so a week and try more when I can get a large group together. The Serotta always get nods when ever we stop for a coffee and cake, the finish of this bike is amazing. smooth welds and deep paint. You would have to look hard to find a better bike for the price.

Fraiser Cycles, El Cajon CA
Also Beautiful bikes

[Jun 11, 2008]
dude in boulder

OVERALL
Strength:

build quality, confident stability, plush feel, understated sharp appearance, hard to buy a Serotta without getting a good fit

3 grand was a lot for me so I've been looking hard for flaws but have yet to find any

Quality. I took a hard look at a Trek Madone before I met the Serotta, but the boutique build quality and soul of this bike made it an easy decision. I've loved every minute spent on it and often pause when passing through the garage to stare at it

Trek Madone, Giant TCRC, Orbea

[Apr 03, 2008]
acotts1517

OVERALL
Strength:

It is pretty light for steel. Super solid. Sucks up bumps, and rides like a dream

The frame is so nice, it is hard not putting the best parts on it.

Great Bike. I put some carbon tubulars on it last weekend and it is officially the nices riding bike I have ever ridden. I now know what a good bike is supposed to feel like. May full carbon rig has been sitting on the rack for 6 months now, as I prefer the Serotta for almost any kind of riding.

[May 05, 2007]
Larry53

OVERALL
Strength:

Custom fit, custom design, great service at RIchardson Bike Mart.
Beautiful finish! Ya gotta stop and look at this bike.....
it's more of a one of a kind, and all who look know it immediately.
In my opinion (and with considerable research and knowledge) the folks at Serotta lead the way for the
other companies, who also make great custom bikes.
Serotta does not need all of the glossy marketing hype.
This is REAL QUALITY.
Price is very fair for what you receive.....plus Custom!
Ride is wonderful.
Company stands firmly behind product.
Frame delivered two weeks ahead of schedule.
Details are in place. I checked everything carefully.
Sharp and clean look. I did well in the custom planning. Note: Take plenty of time to plan your custom bike. Get the details in order for everything!!

Paint Schemes Level I and II seem too high priced.
Oh well....steel looks better with one paint color anyway.
Nothing else at this time.

Sapphire Blue CDA with Carbon Stays, Ouzo Pro
A custom built frame is a must for the experienced cyclist. You will appreciate all aspects of the ride.
My old frame was a stock 57 Csi, but this is better.
I do not miss the lugs from the Csi at all....tig welds are beautiful, and done in a clean and precise manner.
I tried many stock bikes, and my feeling is that is not even close to my custom CDA. This includes most everything out there in carbon or titanium.

The ride is solid, but not at all harsh, and you definitely get the steel feel. I do not know if the carbon stays make a difference, but they look great.
The frame seems well-balanced, and the body flows with the bike (hard to describe.) CUSTOM IS IT.
The front end feels less flexy than the Csi, and I requested this in the fit session.

Contrary to some folks thinking......this is not an old school steel bike. It looks up-to-date, distinctive,
quick, and really catches your eye......even the pros
at the shop took note of this machine.

Serotta continues to be a leader in the Bicycling Industry. JUST DO IT !!!!

1998 Csi.
Tried out many stock bikes, and always left the store disappointed.

[Oct 17, 2006]
dekindy

OVERALL
Strength:

Steel ride that soaks up road chatter. Great all day riding comfort. Long lasting durability. Stable.

None if you are looking for a comfortable and stable ride and long term durability. It certainly does not climb or sprint like my Schwinn Paramount, but I did not expect it to and this is more of making sure you know what you are buying than a weakness. It will give a pretty good account of itself if you push it hard, but don't expect a racing bike.

I bought this bike for fast club rides and all day riding comfort. I like the feel of steel and got exactly what I was looking for. Purchase price included pedals.

1989 Schwinn Paramount Shimano 6000 components.

[Apr 05, 2006]
otoman

OVERALL
Strength:

The ride
Stability in straight line and corners.

Weight penalty
Not as snappy as other more race-oriented frames.
Serottas are not cheap

This is a review of the 2006 Fierte steel frame with carbon seat stays.

This is a sweet riding bike. That is the best way to sum it up. It is very stable (I could ride no-hands very easily), it corners like it is on rails and it soaks up road chatter while maintaining a decent amount of road feel. Some bikes are so twitchy that they require constant attention at the helm - this is not one of them. The problem is that the bike felt a bit heavy and did not jump when stomping the pedals. If you do not race, but do competitive club rides, centuries, etc., this bike will treat you well. It will last a lifetime and you can be assured of a good fit with the Serotta fit system.

Bianchi 928 lugged and monocoque
Kuota Kredo
Scattante CFR
various old steel and aluminum bikes...