Serotta Sports Inc. Fierte Ti Road Bike

· Serotta PS seamless 3/2.5 titanium tubing · Colorado Concept butted/swaged downtube · Double tapered and butted titanium seatstays · Butted titanium S-bend standard and oversize chainstays · Serotta Low-Pro head-ons · 'Hidden' headtube extensions · Serotta 3D XL dropouts

[Apr 13, 2009]
Howard Theriot

OVERALL
Strength:

I can feel the road without the pain

None so far

This is my first steel bike and I now full understand why people love steel. This bike feels great and offers all the performance I'll ever need. I feel a bit less laid back than on my Roubaix, but just as comfortable nonetheless.

Specialized Roubaix

[May 19, 2006]
DLang

OVERALL
Strength:

Build quality/fit and finish
Smooth but responsive ride

None to speak of.

The Fierte Ti is only my second road bike, but it is a huge step up from my first, a Specialized Allez Elite. It is everything I hoped it would be. Light, responsive, comfortable over the bumps... and beautiful to look at. My average distance has gone up noticeably, mainly due the comfort factor.

Nicely equipped with Ultegra (compact), Ksyrium Equipes, Ritchey bars, Thompson post. Only upgrade after original purchase was Chris King headset.

Originally was shopping for steel, but one ride on the Ti convinced me. I haven't regretted the extra expense once.

2004 Specialized Allez Elite

[Jan 13, 2006]
dogmeat

OVERALL
Strength:

Ride and construction quality

The graphics are a little clunky, in my opinion. Just ride it.

Somewhere out there there might be a cheaper bike that I would like as much. Possibly. I never ever wonder if I could find a bike I like more. There you have it- that's why I spent all that money- confidence that the fit is right, and the ride is comparable to anything made. My mom gives me cookies when I ride. The dog was jumping into the sunlight at just the precise moment. What is amazing to me is that somehow everything seems better than my old racing bike, even comfort. The Fierte (Kestrel EMS Pro fork) is FAR stiffer in the bottom bracket than I expected, yet I can do a century ride without feeling buzzy or have any bike induced pain, it's agile without being twitchy, light but not fragile feeling- how do they do all that? Bottom line-confidence. You can obvously spend more, there is a chance you can spend less. I'd rather ride than fuss with my bike.

[Nov 09, 2005]
rshoop

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort and stability. Excellent vibration damping by the frame itself and the carbon stays and Ouzo Pro fork. Vertical compliance is outstanding.

No real weaknesses. The vinyl graphics are a bit gauche, but I'm not about to spend another $1000 for a custom paint job, at least yet...

Bought the Fierte Ti as a comfortable alternative to a Cannondale CAAD 4. I've gotten a lot of use out of the C-Dale, but wanted something more comfortable and more stable. The Fierte Ti fills the bill splendidly, and at a relatively affordable price. I went through the rather complicated Serotta fitting process only to learn that I didn't really need a custom frame. The 60 cm stock frame works just fine. I'm confident that my dealer set it up as nearly perfectly as possible, based on my customary riding style. I chose Campy Veloce 10 speed components, and so far they are more precise than the Dura Ace 9-speed that I have on my Cannondale. Overall, I'm very satisfied with my choice of frame and components. I plan to keep this bike for quite a while. Just wish it came with pickles. Mmmm, crunchy pickles. Isn't there a bike out there that comes with pickles?

Cannondale CAAD 4, Calfee Tetra Carbon Litespeed Veneto

[Aug 27, 2004]
jeffbuck

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiffness for sprints. Lively feel. Excellent, smooth, Ti ride.

None.

This bike is beautiful. It rides like butter. The Ti frame does a great job of absorbing road noise while still providing a "lively," active feel. The stiffness of the frame is great and coupled with the feel inspires confidence. A wonderful ride! I often take it off of some sweet jumps with the local kids and don't mind curb hopping even if the wheels get a little knocked around. I just wish I could somehow attach a cooler to the bike so I could carry more beer.