Specialized Allez Sprint X1 Road Bike

With its no-nonsense SRAM Force 1 drivetrain and E5 Premium Aluminum frame with Allez D'Aluisio Smartweld Sprint Technology for increased stiffness and improved ride quality, the Allez Sprint X1 Expert is a purpose-built race machine.

[Apr 01, 2017]
Amdogwalker

OVERALL
Strength:

Super stiff bottom bracket, direct steering, out of pedal power

I can't think of one yet but there must be something

Let me set this up first, I like bikes, I own... a few. I compare any bike agains those I own and ride all the time, examples, Orbea Orca, specialized tarmac SL4.
So, I bought an Allez Sprint frame this winter and built it up. I rode it once my trainer. Today I took it out on the road for the first time. Holy, frickin , Moly. They say the bottom bracket is as stuff as the Tarmac. I say stiffer.I have SRAM Red cranks on my Tarmac, I Installed the S Works cranks I removed from the Tarmac on the Allez, Both are pretty awesome cranks. But I have never in my life felt power transfer like the Allez. I ran Bontrager RXL tubeless with Shwalbe's new tubeless tires at 90 lbs. I weight 180 lbs. the ride was smooth, fast. Satisfying
I searched the internet to find a good place to post this review because people need to know, this is an incredible bargain and a super, super bike. Mine is mostly SRAM Force. It feels heavy compared to my Tarmac but it would still be considered light by most measures, it is solid, with 404's or Roval's it looks handsome but may be slightly less compliant.
Note that mine is a 2x not a 1x. I bought it as a crit bike and I already know it will be awesome. Have I said awesome enought already. For 5000 CDN or less you can have basically a super bike. Put it on your list to ride.