Specialized S-Works Roubaix SL4 Road Bike

• Crankset: S-Works FACT carbon

[Feb 18, 2016]
peter

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, fast and responsive for a sportive bike

BIKE NUMBER 1: Frame cracked under front derailleur bracket after a few months. It wasn't visible but caused all sorts of problems with gearing and performance. Had it back 5 times to bike shop but they couldn't find the problem. Finally I found evidence of the crack, which turned out to be almost 3cm hidden underneath the bracket. Thankfully Specialised replaced the frame under warranty.
BIKE NUMBER 2: Brand new late 2015 frame delivered and bike shop built up with gear from 1st bike. Going beautifully until 5th ride and loud noise at about 35km/hr - the frame cracked 1/2 around the seat tube in almost a straight line. Thankfully the crack was about 6cm above the seat post which held the seat tube together otherwise a very dangerous crash would have resulted.
BIKE NUMBER 3: NOT A SPECIALISED ROUBAIX SWORKS
(note - neither bike had been in an accident or impacted)

TWO Specialised SWork Roubaix SL4 bikes CRACK in Frame

[Oct 04, 2015]
J Clifton

OVERALL
Strength:

when you care enough to get the best!! I'm getting older, surprising improvement on irregular terrain compared to Scott CR1. First time with disc brakes, I'd forgotten how much fun it is to lock up the rear wheel. No fade in the rain Di2 shifting is so fast I have to look to see if shift completed.

Don't tell wife or friends what you paid. Price is coming down a bunch, I paid $8,900

I'm a recreational rider, I commute to work. I'm very pleased with ride and all components. Good set up by dike dealer. I wouldn't buy on-line, I spent several days riding and adjusting at shop. Would buy again