Time Edge Translink Road Bike

• AVANT SAFE+ multi-diameter fork
  • QUICKSET headset
  • TRANSLINK integrated seat tube/seatpost
  • MONOLINK HR carbon stem Stainless steel bolts
  • Weight of EDGE Translink frame: 1040 gr.
  • EDGE Translink module weight: 1820 gr.
  • Optional TIME carbon crankset

• USER REVIEWS

[Dec 28, 2007]
    raghead

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light weight, stiff enough, comfortable. Quick yet predicatble handling. Made by Time in France. Fine finish.

A clicking noise around the bb warrants investigation but it is probably nothing. It was scary to cut down the seatpost. XL frame has 58cm toptube which seems short.

I got the Edge Translink "module" (frame, forks, headset and stem) at closeout from hi-tech bikes.com, advertised here on RBR. I couldn't resist the discount, thought it was still a little over budget for me. Time frames were not even on my wishlist due to the price. In the end I was able to build up the bike for exactly AUD $5k which is pretty good for a bike like this. The Edge frames are lower-end for Time but I dare say it is a high-performance pushy by any measure.

I couldn't be happier. Unless of course I were on a VXR that someone GAVE me. With help from the RBR forums I chose a Campagnolo Chorus gruppo and Mavic Open Pro wheels. It could be built lighter but I'm
    pleased to ride a bike that works perfectly and looks classic.

I got lucky with the fit of this bike. The online fit calculators agree that I need a long top tube (60cm) but all the Time bikes have 58cm top tubes in XL and XXL frames. My XL (the largest size in the Edge) came with a 130mm stem and with Deda Newton Deep drop handlebars, which have about the longest reach out there, I am absolutely perfectly comfortable on this bike.

I just love hammering along the flats or climbing those nasty hills on this machine. I feel real serious when I get out on this bike and that's why I didn't smile at that commuter on an MTB, OK?

I got the frame at cost so I have to give it a 5 star value rating. I can't say how I'd rate it if I had bought the bike for full retail from a shop, cuz I couldn't have been able to afford it.