Time VXRS Ulteam Road Bike

Bike setup: DA-10spd,Keo Ti HM,Deda Spectrum handlebars, Ksyrium ES as well as Bora Ultra wheels.

This bike is amazing. Don't test ride one, that is if you can find anyone to let you do so. If you do test ride it, hide your gold card or get married first LOL. Incredibly light, get up on the pedals and you won't believe it. That is with either wheelset, but especially the Boras. It is very comfortable on Quebec's bumpy roads, probably as comfy as my C-40 if not more. I wish it would turn heads of top models when I see them on the street, instead I turn mine LOL. Boonen & Bettini will regret moving to Specialized.

Similar bikes owned or tested: Colnago C40, Look 585, C'Dale.

[Aug 01, 2014]
Slim

OVERALL
Strength:

1-Ride quality
2- see # 1

Hmmm.... Thinking. Sorry can't think of any

So I researched online and narrowed it down to 15 or so rides and then went off to multiple bike stores like you are supposed to and tried them all out. I owned multiple top of the line carbon treks, ridden Roubaixs, Looks extensively+ tested most all the others.

It wasn't even close and I knew within a couple miles of riding this was it. I ride a 2007 VXR and it is 2014, and I have yet to find something (caveat, haven't riding the new Times but ridden most of the top steeds from the majors). Are their lighter bikes? sure. Stiffer? no doubt. More balanced, snappy, and buttery smooth. Not that I have ridden.

If you want the best and ride a lot like me you are doing yourself a disservice by not trying Time.

PS don't skimp on tires. I just upgraded from GP4000 (not cheap) to Vittoria Corsa EX. OMG! If you can't afford a Time but want a major upgrade in ride quality drop $200 on these. If you own a Time and aren't on Corsas then your penny wise and pound foolish. I had no idea tires could make such a difference.

[Apr 08, 2011]
Phineas Leevy

OVERALL
Strength:

French. Hand Made. Incredible almost intuitive feel. Durable. Beautiful. Light. Stiff where it needs to be. Remarkable handling. Fast. Corners like a Mini Cooper. Brilliant Geometry.

Zero. It's pricey but worth every penny.

Ernesto Colnago said it was the only bicycle that was comparable to his legendary steeds. Sorry babe, this ride is better. In fact my C50 feels wooden by comparison. The ride is lively when you stomp and controlled where it counts -screaming downhill. You feel energy flowing back to you as you climb. It's like they engineered joy into every fiber of the bike. It makes you want to ride faster. You go on long solo rides and never feel beat up. Here's the thing buy it if you have to break the piggy bank. Your pocket will be lighter but you'll have that sh*t eating grin every time you get on. I have had friends, shop owners and mechanics try this bike, and they have ridden the best that Pinnarello, Colnago or Fondriest have made. We all have the same conclusion. Time may well be the best bike ever!

Colnago C50, Cannondle CAAD 6, Velo Vie 300SR

[Sep 16, 2009]
dmauro

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light (14.7 lbs)and stiff with a smooth comfortable ride. A great look, very techy, looks fast just sitting there.

None other than the Time stem design makes it difficult to mount a GPS computer on it. A bit pricy but I am a believer in "you get what you pay for"

This is an awsome bike, very fast, accelerates with ease and handles superbly. I have the confidence in the bike on sharp turns and it climbs beautifully. The quality and workmanship that Time put in building this frame is outstanding. I have looked at the carbon fibre in other bikes and nothing comes even close. What can I say other than I love this bike.

[Aug 30, 2009]
rap1962

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, stiff, fast acceration, outstanding handling, unparalleled comfort for such a performance oriented bike

The Quickset Headset is very prone to wear. I have replaced mine three times in five years. Great design as it allows adjustment of headset compression without loosening stem but the durability of the bearing cartriges are a weakness

After 5 years of riding this bike I can say without equivocation that it is the absolute best all around racing bike in the world. I say this becaue it is lightening fast, accelerates like a rocket corners like it is on rails, climbs like a dove and decends like a hawk. All this on the most buttery smooth ride quality you can imagine. Time, unlike any other frame builder, starts with their very own carbon fiber and manufacturers their tubes from the fiber up. This gives them complete control of the quality of the tubes as quality of the ride they deliver. These handbuilt frames are shaped and tuned to achieve unsurpassed performance and ride quality. The Tranlink seat mast system is an engineering marvel. The asymetric chainstays and ovalized downtube at the bottom bracket interface ensure flex is minimized even under extreme sprinting force and all the riders energy is transfered into forward motion. This is not an inexpensive frame but it is well worth the investment because you will never need or want another bike. And you will never have to buy one because Time provides a LIFETIME warranty.

Carrera Estremo, Colnago C-40, Giant TCR 0, Kuota Khan, Time VX Special Pro

[Jun 10, 2008]
Scott-610

OVERALL
Strength:

It is light, sure footed, peppy, and very responsive. Time also thinks of all of the little details for you. It is supplied with a cutting guide that makes it impossible to incorrectly cut the fork. Also, it has a lifetime warranty I hope never to test.

I am still not sold on the integrated seatpost design. It looks really nice, but why not simply use a standard post. Oh... Time does design the mast so if it breaks, you can trim it for use with a standard sized post and collar. The only one to do so. Pro's often do this.

I have now owned both the Time VXS and VXRS Ulteam. The VXS is very nice, but the VXRS Ulteam is a more responsive ride. It seems peppy and full of life, and inspires a real sense of security that I never felt with the VXS. It is so sure footed that I can finally take a long sleeve jersey off while riding and push hard enough around a corner to tap my speedplay on the pavement. Maybe that is just silly, but it feels good to have a bike that I trust. Best bike I have ever owned.

2006 Time VXS, Colnago C50, Look: 381, 281, Pinarello: Dogma, Prince, Paris, Guru Carbonio, and others.

[Jun 04, 2008]
Lawrence Young

OVERALL
Strength:

the best frame ( so far )for uphill and sprint. downhill is very controlled at higher speed then other bikes.

none so far. this is a "must have" if you are looking for a "high end" frame in the market.

I have many bicycles that I use for different road condition,after picking up 2008 Time VXRS World star last month,I think I have found that"one" bike that I am looking for.(cross my fingers) . I will be ridding this bike f during this summer time, and test it out on every possible roads and mountains, I will be back and give a full review after the summer.

Colnago Extreme Power(forever), Colnago President. Colnago Extreme C, Pinarello FP, Cinelli Pro XLR8R,

[Mar 06, 2007]
haagen_dan

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, responsive

If you're considering such a bike and are concerned about its price, then you're not ready

Best and fastest bike ever ridden

Colnago C40, Look 585, Cannondale

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.