Time VXRS Road Bike

• Sloping frame - frame size and top tube are virtual measurements
  • The New Time VXRS module is teh new state of the art in Time Technology
  • Includes fork, headset, stem

[Oct 19, 2018]
marvelousm

OVERALL
Strength:

13 years on and it's still my best bike. Light, comfortable, stiff. I was lucky to make the right choice. I bought a successor to it 3 years ago, but I've put the latest Dura Ace on the VCRS this year and it's back to being my choice ride!

You can't buy it anymore. I've bought a Skylon, let's see if it's as good!

Model Year:
2005
[Jan 30, 2010]
grosmerou

OVERALL
Strength:

Fast, reliable, safe, comfortable, wimpy, great climber

none if it is the seat tube for traveling

2009 release, An incredible bike. I used to ride customs from Serotta, Seven, colnago, scapin for years 3 Meivicis I found in this one everything was missing in others plus what was making them outstanding bikes.
A powerful ride fast comfortable you will led the pack or close a gap in a glance.
I don't think it is an exclusive bike for racer only.
try it you will love it
made 100% in France close to the Alps near Grenoble, not only assembled, under strict labor and environmental laws and regulation not something we can avoid to care about. Doesn't matter if you like french fries or not you might like good organic potatoes I do !

Meivici, Ottrot, Legend, C50, Tarmac SL2, BMC SLC01, Seven Axiom

[Aug 18, 2007]
Ringoman

OVERALL
Strength:

stiff, responsive.ligth but no compromise

Scared of scratching it. nothing else

Wow,its like meeting a gorgeous girl, you think what is the catch.great look But too bling bling still got the raw french cut(headset and rear)no rubbish such as Aerodamic,Pure stiffness and great grip on the road, turns so swiftly you really have to be bad bike handler to crash. Seriously responsive, Above all worth every penny i paid for . but expectations are high when you turn up to a club ride. i have it with Camp 10 speed carbon,Ambrosio crank,Ksyruim ES . what a ride. no wonder im still single and im not bothered :)

Orbea ocra
Pinarello dogma
BMC team machine

[May 17, 2007]
mnewber

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, stiff yet compliant, goes when you step on it, carries hills in higher gears, all the frame components supplied are excellent in quality and design AND, you don't see that many on the road!

other than price nonthing yet

I had previously held the Colnago C-50 as the cream of the cream. I sold that and went through a couple of other bikes and none compared to the C-50 so I started searching again and in the short term I bought a C-40. Everybit as good but just a notch under the C-50 in stiffness and overall ride (IMAO in my arses opinion). I stopped by a local dealer that has all the cream carbon frames from the european mfgs., to look again at the C-50s. They just happened to have a couple of Demo Times on hand for the weekend and I ended up taking one out. I had never paid that much attention to them in the past although I had run a couple of their forks on some of my framesets that I built and was very impressed with them. The bike was amazing, you press the pedals it not only responds, it flies! It's only limits so far seem to be your legs and lungs, I run out of gas long before the bike reaches it's limit.
Needless to say I ended up with one and have had it for little over a month and love every ride on it. As others have mentioned decents are very stable, assents are with ease and i find myself in 2 - 3 rear chainrings bigger and on some of the climbs staying in my big front where before on the c-40 i'd have to drop down. The frame is stiff yet compliant, the sloping geometery offers more tuning options and this frame was easy to dial spot on for me.
It hurts me more on my slow days than it does the bike because I don't feel that I'm doing it justice. But the ride at any speed or exertion level is effortless and smooth, studder bumps go unnoticed as do other smaller iregularities on the roads surface. Would I do it again..... IN A HEART BEAT!!!!

Colnago; C-50, C-40, Dream B-Stay
Raliegh Team

[May 01, 2007]
kamoshikasan

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything. It's truly spectacular!
It's exclusive and gains the respect of many cyclists who know their bikes.

Worrying about it getting scratched or stolen.
My girlfriend is starting to get concerned about the time I spend with my bike now. I would never tell her I've called her Amelie either! That would get her real jealous!!

I have the VXRS Ulteam frame with Duraace groupset and Mavic Ksyrium ssl wheels. In all honesty, I didn't realise how good a bike could be until I purchased and rode mine. It is more than just a bike. It feels alive, and has a personality like no other. She is a french darling and that's why I've decided to give mine a name, Amelie...She really has fired up my enthusiasm for cycling like never before. I want to tell the world how fantastic she is! All I can say is, if you're thinking about it but feel it's too much to spend on a frame, throw caution to the wind and buy it. You'll be glad you did. It's a masterpiece.

None.

[Apr 11, 2007]
aselene

OVERALL
Strength:

Smooth ride! Nice balance of stiffness and efficiency, and comfort!

Expensive. Also, I checked Bike Testing Inc.'s stiffness test results and it wasn't nearly as stiff by the numbers as my friends' Cervelo or my Scott frame.

I like this ride very much, but in my opinion it wasn't superstiff--rather strong, smooth and very efficient at transferring my pedal stroke to distance traveled. Of course, I actually like that about it--I want a little bit of comfort when I'm not in a time trial.

Cervelo R3, Scott CR-1

[Mar 17, 2007]
cyberpop

OVERALL
Strength:

- Stiff - max power transfer bike I've ever owned
- Light; not so light but light enough to climb
- Great look

This is not the bike for you if you are a Weight freaker (Not superlight but I like it much better than the superlight that I own)

This is the bike that drive me to register and write this review. VXRS Ulteam is the ultimate riding machine. Fully stiff. Any pedal strokes are transferred to the power when you ride. This bike is amazing when you go downhill, very stable and controllable. Last but not least, it looks gorgeous!

1) BMC ProMachine SLC01 + Dura-Ace + Easton Wheel + Easton EC70, EC90, Selle Italia
2) Bianchi 1885 + Campy Veloce + Mavic Cosmic

[Dec 14, 2006]
Vino #1fan

OVERALL
Strength:

Ride quality, handling, weight!!! 15.4 pounds with 32 hole clincher wheels and speedplaypedals. Greatfit just measure seatpost correctly!

Price. other then that there arent any. It's a good thing its that much better otherwise i'd be pist! Dont cut that post too short!

This bike is smooth! I probaly dont put out 1600 watts when sprinting so i think its plenty stiff. The ride, weight and handiling are like no other. The quality is amazing and a lifetime guarantee. This is the finest bicycle ever made if you can afford it buy it. Colnagos are nice but not like this!

2005 S-works Roubaix(time bike is smoother),
2007 tarmac sl (Time bike is lighter)
bianchi evo2 xl (still pretty nice)

[Oct 04, 2006]
koollook

OVERALL
Strength:

Responsiveness, stiffness, comfort, very light and very stable at high speed. Probably one of the best framesets (if not the best) available out there.

Price! (so expensive but worth every penny). Other than that, absolutely none.

This frameset is truly awesome. Having ridden a Look Kg361 for a couple of years, I know that there is no fair comparison to make between the two bikes other than the fact that, with LOOK and TIME, we are dealing with two of the very best carbon fibre frameset builders in the bicycle industry. This bike demands to be ridden fast,with every single ounce of energy your thighs can muster... it needs to be ridden with all your heart and passion. If you go out and ride with a "sunday driver" attitude you will miss out on the true potential of this machine. However, you will definitely sense the plush comfort of your ride, especially when the road gets rough at high or low speeds.
But as soon as you turn on the afterburner, look out, this is what the VXRS Ulteam is all about: stiffness, responsiveness; no energy loss... this thing just flies like a rocket. Going uphill? No problem. It climbs like a goat. I don't even have to stand on the pedals when climbing some hills as I had to with my KG361. Every single watt of power is efficiently transmitted to the drivetrain, giving the whole module all the efficiency and power you are craving for. All in all, a wonderfull piece of engineering, a real thoroughbred!

LOOK KG361

[Aug 18, 2006]
jgreed

OVERALL
Strength:

Best feel underfoot of any frame on the market. Frameset is totally understated. Build it up with the goods and you'll see what I mean.

The reason why you don't see more reviews,... price.

Not much to say except this is the best frameset I have ever owned. I haven't a bad thing to say about it. No review does, does it?

There is nothing similar to this frameset/module. Ride one and you'll agree.