Trek 2200 Road Bike

Frame Material: aluminum, carbon seat stays
Frame Angles: 73.8 head, 73.5 seat
Tires: 700 x 25c Bontrager Race Lite

[Sep 27, 2017]
Alexander

OVERALL
Strength:

Trustworthy fast reliable Good compnents

Previous owner replaced the orig seat which I heard was inferior The new one is a sertas do arroyo which is very good.

Got it for $300 extremly satisifed . It is stiff so the patched up roads where I live is a problem. There are more advanced bikes out now but for the money it is a screaming buy.

[Jul 11, 2017]
Hang me out to dry

OVERALL
Strength:

Responsive, lightweight, fast, gear ratios great for flat roads, stiff.

God awful seat. If you don't like stiff, get thick bar tape. I think the sizes are a bit small. I'm a short dude and the bike is a 56cm. Front derailleur may hang when shifting onto the smaller ring.

This bike moves quickly and feels great for a 5'7'' man with a 30'' inseam. I never felt too stretched out on the bike, and coming from an older R500, the stiffness of the bike made me feel right at home. I ride probably 100 miles a week as a commuter/rec road rider and I've loved the bike so far.

If you can get this bike for under $450 in 2017 it's a good deal.

1993 Cannondale R500

[Aug 13, 2016]
Alex

OVERALL
Strength:

Very fast, excellent response, great handling. Extremely lightweight for a (mostly) aluminum frame but very sturdy. Despite the lack of spokes, the rims really do hold their true for a long time. I've only had to adjust them twice.

Very rigid ride, you are one with the road. Get some thick grip tape though and it really takes the edge off. Stock seat is pretty uncomfortable, it could just be my body type though.

Overall, awesome bike if you can get the right price. I'm the second owner, put about 600 mi on it in 4 years. My longest ride was a 45 mi round trip (45 mi each way) and I had no issues. It's my daily commuter. Very reliable.

[Aug 13, 2014]
John Eastman

OVERALL
Strength:

I purchased this TREK 2200 9/16/2004. It was a 2003 year close out. Regularly priced at $1,600.00 reduced to $1000,00 dollars. The first year I put 500 miles over a few rides. Then for year the bike was stored until this year after a full tune up an a set of new cleats. I've put another 600 miles over a few months. Every ride has been great. The bike does keep you connected to the road. I appreciate riding this bike whenever I get the chance on a weekend.

Bad seat. Some clicking during shifting under load. No other

Have never been disappointed with the 2200 Alpha Series.. Every ride is appreciated during New England's short summer. Have no plans of ever trading in the bike just replacing the seat. Feel really solid and connected to the road the way a good sports car does. It has been kept in off the shelf condition.

[Aug 28, 2013]
Nick

OVERALL
Strength:

Great response. It's a really stiff bike that let's you really feel the road. I bought this from my neighbor for only $95 a few days ago and have ridden it everywhere. I've really had no problems at all aside from the size, as I'm only 5'7 tops.

A little hard to get used too, but it's an amazing bike. It just feels well built.

I can't give a totally honest summary because it's the only bike I've ever owned. However, I think this bike and I have an amazing future ahead of us.

[Feb 24, 2010]
J. Eric G.

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight enough for me. Really like the aero bars. Like the components - shifts well. Seems stiff enough and not set up too upright like a true tri-bike.

I am almost 5'10" but think it is a bit large for me. I put a cheaper seat post on to move seat forward and bought a 85 mm stem to shorten it (came with 110mm). This has made it more comfortable but still wonder if I don't need a smaller frame? Came with SPD pedals and after 4 yrs plan on replacing with road pedals soon.

First bike I've owned in 25 yrs. Last owner put a triple on the front and aero bars. I did one triathlon and use the aero bars most of my riding. I like the bike alot. Lightweight enough, responsive, shifts well, comfortable - longest ride has been 30 miles.

[Sep 13, 2009]
Charlie Gregg

OVERALL
Strength:

Overall ride and response.

None I can find.

I am short and purchased this bike from a woman so it has the womans geometry.
I am 5'2.5 and about 148 lbs, BMI 16.0.
The has Ultegra coponents. It is not as stiff as the Cannondale but has great climbing power. Comfotable on long rides. Excellent for me.

Canondale sr300.

[Apr 30, 2009]
Beth Anne

OVERALL
Strength:

Carbon fork and alpha AL parts make it light, fast. Shifts well, but with a little clicking, the tires and wheelset are great and apparently well priced.

The seat sucks and will be replaced, but that is clearly a personal choice and I could, if needed, live with the stock one.

Great bike, especially used. I was looking for a bike with at least carbon parts and this fits the bill perfectly. It's stiff when needed, accelerates quickly, and is light enough on the hills to allow lots of hill practices!

Specialized Synapse

[Mar 01, 2009]
Endorphin Junkie

OVERALL
Strength:

Light enough, responsive, yet comfortable for century rides.

Decals are all peeling off.

Excellent bike for the money. I'm 160lbs and have over 5000 miles on the original set up - mix of Ultegra and 105 components. Race Lite wheels are great - front wheel required truing after T-boning a Rottweiler, but was still rideable for a month till I made it to the shop. There is no flat ground around here and it performs fine on the hills. Just changed to compact crank from the original double - much better for climbing. My daily trainer, group ride, and century bike. Was using for triathlons too (with aero bars) until I upgraded to TT specific bike.

Cervelo P2C, Trek 400, Trek 930

[Sep 30, 2008]
jungle baby

OVERALL
Strength:

the crank didnt break (thank god)

the whole bike.. no limitations to that statement.

this is a peice of junk bike, i was riding at the local skatepark and the frame broke when i jumped a 7 set of stairs.

BELL HELMET haro tire, gorilla glue on the seat.

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.