Co-Motion Cycles Periscope Hammerhead Tandem Bike

• Stoker Stem Telescoping adjustable

[Jan 09, 2018]
San Jose Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Versatile fit for many different size stokers, good quality components, great build quality and built in Oregon.

I had been looking for a tandem for quite some time for my girlfriend and I. Scoured craigslist and ebay looking for a tandem that could fit myself (5'9") and my girlfriend (5'2") for many months to no avail. Then I saw the Periscope and had to have it. Was concerned that the frame might have some flex but it has been rock-solid for us. This tandem descends wonderfully and has no problem going 25mph on the flats. The components on our 2007 Periscope and top-notch and perform well for our needs. The shifts are crisp and the mechanical brakes work well. The stopping power is there but not like hydraulic brakes so takes a bit more finger pressure. When we go on extended rides I put on the rear rack that fits the welded-on bosses and can carry quite a bit. Our model has the steel fork so perhaps a carbon fork would dampen the road a bit even though it is not bothersome. Overall, if you want a tandem where you can put stokers of varying sizes on the back this is the one for you.

[Jul 17, 2012]
David Macpherson

OVERALL
Strength:

No other tandem can be as versatile. I purchsed this to ride with my 5 year-old daughter. With crank shorteners added and extending the stoker bar, she was confortable and safe. This tandem can easily adapt from my now 6-year-old stoker to my wife or friend in 10 minutes of adjustments. All of the chosen componets have worked seamlessly and the frame construction and paint is gorgeous.

The tandem has none. However, if I had it to do over again, I would have chosen the 700c wheel over the 26" since 99% of our riding will be on the road.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE CO-MOTION PERISCOPE "SCOUT" 26" WHEEL TANDEM.