Felt TK2 Track Bike

Tires: 700 x 23c Hutchinson Carbon Comp

[Aug 05, 2013]
Street-TK2

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight and aerodynamic.

Decals on wheels comes off easily.
No bottle holder, but I've always used behind the saddle cage.

We all know how great this bike is on the track. I have 2009 TK2 54cm.
Now on the street... I love this bike. Got lots of compliments especiallly from roadies (what!).
First thing I noticed is that that bike is stiff just like any aluminum frame. But after riding it for an hour, it is not bone-jarring hard as most people say. I still have the vittoria UtraSpeed 700x20c running 130psi. I recently changed to Pro4. A lot quiter than the vittorias that came with the bike.
The bike feels very stable on fast turns. My fuji track feels a bit wigly on same corner.
There is a bit of a toe overlap but you'll get used to it quick.
Overall, I would recommend this bike to anyone who wants to take it to the streets.
Drop bars is a bit too aggressive for me.

Langster and Fuji Track 1.0

[Oct 17, 2012]
sajid p. gorospe

OVERALL
Strength:

Very tight and stiff I like it!! SUPER LITE!! bike weight with everything at 17.2 pounds

Drive side crack behind the bottom braket!! 10/16/12

Love the bike yet it sucks that it had to crack!! wondering if its fixable?!?!

[Jan 29, 2009]
Kevin Church

OVERALL
Strength:

For an aluminum frame it's pretty smooth on the road.. Comfortable fit is a plus..
Handles well... I do like that the front fork is drilled for a brake..

The only think i haven't fully gotten used to is when making sharp turns toes hit the wheel.. i guess a track bike wasn't designed to be making sharp turns..
I know it's a track bike.. but would have been nice if the rear was drilled for a brake.. no holes for water bottle.. but then again it's not a road bike..

2009 Felt TK2...

The bike is fast....
Looks very hot..
Very impressed with the bike... Haven't touched my Fuji SL1 or Cervelo P2C since Dec 26 when i got this bike..

first track bike.

[Aug 05, 2008]
Carlos

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything is good. I'm happy they improved the dropouts from the 2007 model with the steel inserts.

2008 Model. Very nice bike, well built. It's light, stiff, and very fast. I end up going faster than a lot of people with road bikes when I run it outside the velodrome.

[Nov 10, 2007]
Greg

OVERALL
Strength:

solid build kit, thoughtful geometry, good handling, great price.

could be stiffer in the chain stays, dropout could use a steel veneer. Not ideal for casual use - low headtube and no bottle cage bolts.

More than adequate, but not a show stopper IMHO. The frame has well concieved geometry. the low head tube allowed me to use it for pursuits as well as mass start events. The rear stays are not as stiff as many other race quality bikes out there. The dropouts would be improved if they were to use a steel veneer - repeated bolting on the aluminum really digs into the material. (it should be noted Felt has made this improvement for 2008)

[Aug 24, 2007]
Chris

OVERALL
Strength:

Super fast. Very light. Badass components.

none yet.

This is my first fixed gear bike and I love it. I test road many other fixies and settled on the TK2.

Tested: Jamis Sputnik, Bianchi Pista, Surley Steamroller, cayne uno.

[Jun 11, 2007]
PltJett

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything

Nada

Great ride. Nice and stiff. Perfect.