Fuji Bicycles Track Track Bike

Headset: 1" threadless FSA Roller Bearing Threadless
Front Der: Not applicable
Crankset: TruVativ Touro, 48 teeth
Rear Der: Not applicable
Pedals: Wellgo road w/clips and straps
Tires: 700 x 23c Kenda K-191

[Oct 09, 2007]
Ryan

OVERALL
Strength:

Great price even from a shop. Strong frame, great bike for anyone looking to getting into riding fixed gears.

very cheap pedals, the tires dont hold a lot of air presure, and the seat is extremely uncomfortable, but all are easily replaceable.

Good smooth ridding bike. I ride it everywhere it basically has replaced my vehicle. It was very inexpensive, i bought it on ebay brand new for 200 bucks. Like I said i ride it everywhere and am very happy with it.

[Jul 20, 2007]
Christopher

OVERALL
Strength:

Affordability. There are just a few bikes in this price range, I don't know much about them, but based on the folks I ride with I'd say the Fuji Track is most comparable to the Bianci Pista (not the "Concept" just the regular Pista) It does what you need it to do, and if you're just starting out, it's a great bike.

The tires are clinchers, and only of average quality. They hold 110 psi, and stronger tires with more pressure will roll faster. The chainring is not a size common to all track bikes, so you can't trade with or borrow from people at the track, you'll probably need to order them if you want to change the front gear (no problems with the rear cog, though)

This forum isn't really set up for track... I am a recreational track rider, just getting into the sport because I live near a velodrome and they have great programs. I bought the bike mostly to avoid the inconvenience of swapping out my SPD pedals with the toe-clips on the track's bikes before and after each practice, and to give me the chance to go to the track and practice on my own. This is an affordable bike if you want to try the sport out.

I've only had the chance to ride other bikes the track owns. Serrotta, and GT as well as older Fuji track. Fuji seems to be the lightest of the three.

[Jan 06, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

Its a good solid tig welded steel frame/fork. has bottle mounts and is drilled for front and back brakes. '04 comes with TruVaTiv crank. A very good place to start if you want to get into track/fixed gear.

awful lot of logos on the thing. Seatpost and bars were pretty cheap. Replaced them. spokes a little flimsy too.

Bought the Fuji Track to take with me on the road after doing too many upgrades on my road bike. Rode it on the freewheel side for a month before going Fixed and changing the gearing to 48-20. My first fixed gear bike. Totally hooked on it now. $550 price included front and rear brakes.