Motobecane Messenger Track Bike

• Front and Rear Aluminum Caliper Brakes Aero Brake Levers

[Feb 19, 2010]
shimmy

OVERALL
Strength:

it looked nice when it didnt fall apart

every thing on it goes bad and amendments need to be made

this bike sucks it couldnt keep up with all of my friends bikes. i bout it for a cheap nice ride expecting something really nice from motobecane but it turned out really bad and i regret spending time effort and money on it

[Jan 13, 2010]
sam5k

OVERALL
Strength:

Its a really fast bike, i kept up with my friends in an all out sprint on just the first night out; and they have been riding for years.

The look and feel of this bike is amazing.

It is very light weight in my opinion.

Very easy to climb hills with. No need for an 18t cog.

The saddle is hard, as a result, you feel most of the bumps on the road.

I got this bike for Christmas and i love it. I set it up myself, it was very easy (and this was my first road bike too). Christmas night i took it on a 7-8 mile ride and it rode great, my butt hurt a little after but that was it. On the 26th i took it on a 36-39 mile ride and had an absolute blast on it. But my butt was quite sore after words. Im in the process of looking for a nice, comfy saddle. The only problem i had with mine, besides the saddle, was that the factory mounted the brake levers too far down to be comfortable. But this was easily fixed by having a friend unrap the bars, move them up, and rerap them. I would highly recommend this bike to someone who wants a fixed gear.

[Aug 27, 2009]
fixedneve

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong wheelset, 48T Truvativ crankset that works perfectly on steep climbs, quick, free shipping (3 days), strong customer support, solid price, solid components.

Buying a bike sight-unseen is scary. Putting it together was a good challenge, but might deter most people from buying from BD.

I'm in love with this bike. The orange color and the solid build got me from the start, but it's also very, very fast up and down hills.

Vintage Peugeot steel, 1983, updated and all original parts replaced. '08 Trek 1.2, Sora components and junky aluminum.

[Apr 12, 2009]
A from Il

OVERALL
Strength:

Good bike at a great price and my wife loves it.

overall this has been a good bike for what it is. Reliable and fun to ride. It did however need a few changes. I changed the brake levers to a Shimano product just because the ones it came with were junk. The rims did need to be trued but no big deal. And the tires. Well they are junk. Like rubber coated Kleenex. I swapped them for a set of Conti Ultra Races and this thing rides great. If you buy it direct professional assembly is recommended. But all in all it is a great bike for a great price just dont plan to take it out of the box and ride it.

SE Lager.