Soma Fabrications Rush Track Bike

• Aggressive track-style geometry
  • Horizontal track dropouts
  • 120mm rear hub spacing
  • Caliper brake mounts
  • Matching flat-crown CrMo steel fork available as an option (38m rake)
  • 1" size headtube
  • 27.2mm seatpost size
  • Max. tire size: 28c
  • 49, 53, 55, 57, 59, 61cm (Center to top of seat collar)
  • Weight 4 lbs.

• USER REVIEWS

[Jun 01, 2010]
    Kevin

Soma Fabrications, Merry Sales Co, quality control issues, lack of warranty

My Soma Rush is total crap. 2008 model. Rear section is welded totally out of alignment. Tried to get Soma and their main distributor Merry Sales Co to warranty it, but to no avail. I definitely would never purchase another Soma product considering the retail price of this F/F and their lack of customer support. Any of the large US bike companies would have replaced this failure of quality control out of shear embarrassment.

Many european conversions, Cinelli Vigorelli

[Jan 01, 2010]
    Sam

OVERALL
    Strength:

It's a mediocre starter frame and when you take all the lame bro'd out stickers off it comes in all black.

Sloppy BB threading. Very soft and flexible. Rusting from the inside after only 6 months of riding. Over priced for a Pake.

Not very stoked on this frame anymore. It flexes like bejesus under load (I'm 155 lbs. but I do ride hard and race road). I can visibly flex the whole BB shell with only arm strength and I have a climbers physique. -1

The BB treading is very sloppy, my BB cups come loose about every two or three weeks. When using higher end BB with more exact threading, it doesn't match the frame well and comes loose. Wonderful -1.

The headtube visibly expanded when I pressed the headset cups. The material is very thin and shows a bump the the cups sit.

The Rush is basically a rebadged Pake frameset and for $399 I would have rather spent a little more money and gotten a better frame. I definitely don't think it is a good value for the money (even their 'Everwear Tire' is lousy and over priced).

After 6 months of riding I am looking for a new frame.

[Jan 18, 2009]
    schnee

OVERALL
    Strength:

Awesome bang for buck. Comfy for a track bike.

The seat tube logo looks like one of those funky drinks that has lizards on them. Paint was a bit easy to scratch too.

Swift, maneuverable, light, and responsive. Extremely light. Looked great, and got comments wherever I rode. Very forgiving ride considering the steep geometry and tight wheelbase. Great fun.

Giant Bowery (yuck).

[May 30, 2008]
    stuartsmith

OVERALL
    Strength:

stiff, rigid and responsive frame based on track geometry built for the streets yo. a well put together bicycle, made from quality steel, made for the type of riding i ride, clean looks, simple decals. no extra pizzazz, simplicity is best. great price for the quality.

clearcoat scratches easily? it looks so good some one might try to steal it. and threaded headsets and forks are ancient technology.

after plowing my raliegh into a van i decided to try the soma rush frame, great buy. great craftsmanship, the welds are beautiful. the back wheel is tucked close to the frame (all part of that track geometry). my first steel frame, just as light as 80's aluminum, but way stronger. double butted steel all around, not just the down tube. i ride this bike to work and school everyday. she hasn't bee through a race yet but i imagine shell do just fine. so good.

late 80's raleigh aluminum road frame

[Apr 30, 2007]
    tj90

OVERALL
    Strength:

Nice thick paint!, Subtle graphics, track geometry and not too much flexing for me (200 lbs) climbing steep hills. Bottle boss for water bottle or commuter bottle battery. No extraneous brazeones to distract from the clean lines.

Some paint imprefections on fork - but very, very minor!

I love it. The frame is stable and comfortable on the ride. I understand that the Tange tubeset is replaced with Reynolds 631 for 07. Not sure what ride differences are. I commute in traffic. Drilled for rear brake but not needed unless its wet out.

Unfortunately, my only steel fixie, but I can say that its more stable than other bikes I demoed. Nice corner clearance with BB, and dont be worried about track geometry being harsh.

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.