Fuji Bicycles D-6 Professional Triathlon Bike

• Tires: Vittoria Diamonte Pro, 700 X 23c

[Jun 12, 2010]
bypasskid

OVERALL
Strength:

very fast, my average jumped by close to 2mph over a 30-40 mile ride.

not stable at low speeds

great great bike! I used to do triathlons on my lightspeed, but after going to this beast, what a difference! SRAM Red is phenomenal, the bike slices through the wind. I don't do too many hills on it, so can't really comment. Had to change the seat (the original seat was awful). The bike elicits "wow" comments at every event and on every ride. My only gripe is the seat holder, it took me a while to make it tight so that it won't move during the ride (and Im not that heavy). otherwise, what a bike!!!!

dura-ace

[Apr 20, 2010]
bkoshley

OVERALL
Strength:

Aerodynamics, power transfer, value for your $.

Maintenance, seat post - tends to slip down the seat mast for larger riders, and whatever you do don't over torque the bolts! The bullhorns are Fuji specific and don't look to me the most aero versus my Vision Trimax bars on the previous bike, then again, you have to trust the engineers who put this together. Not a big fan of the pain scheme on the Pro versus the Comp or the Matt Reed edition, but given the $ put into development, Fuji's gotta advertise.

This was an upgrade from my Griffen Vulcan B4C. The D-6 is a completely different ride. It is much more aggressive in its handling, very stiff, extremely aero. With the stem in the downangle position the rider is almost certain to have a flat back and extremely aero position. I have taken this on long rides down the coast 60 plus miles with surprising comfort. With only 1 functioning cage location, I opted for the Xlab wing off the saddle with two gorilla cages - a must for any length of ride. Running a monthly time trial series this year, interested to see the improvement over time and training.

Griffen Vulcan B4C with SRAM S60s, Shimano Ultegra, Integrated Vision TriMax Aero Bars

[Sep 25, 2009]
Patrick Newton

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff, sleek, smooth

None to date

Triathlon Store in Arlington took great care of me and gave me a hell of a deal. This is the sweetest bike i have ever own. Responsive and stiff and very swleek and elegant in appearance. Thought i would dislike the SRAM Red after have DA7900 put on my road bike but it works fine for a TT/triathlon bike. This bike climbs like there is no tomorrow with remarkable power transfer. If Fuji makes an equivalent road bike i will rush to buy it. Bike came with Reynolds Stryke wheels which, i have been told, are equivalent to ZIPP 808s

Kestrel Talon SL, Trek Madone 5.9, Trek Madone 5.2, Trek 5000, Trek 2200, Guru Custom, Team Fuji (steel)