Giant Trinity A1 Triathlon Bike

• Hubs: Xero XGR-3

[Sep 16, 2019]
flex18

OVERALL
Strength:

strengths are sturdy and semi lite frame, good components, beautiful bike, nice steady ride

semi heavy, could use one more gear each way, shifters are a pain

Price Paid:
Purchased:
Used
Model Year:
2008
[Sep 01, 2008]
Skip

OVERALL
Strength:

Components and fit
Good looking doesn't hurt

non so far

Bought this bike as it was the best fit for me. I am 6' with short 31" legs so the longer tube on the Large frame gave me plenty of room. Tough to bet the compoents all stock. First few rides were tough for me as I seemed to use differant muscles to pedal. But shortly all was well and a refit got me in a good position for an older rider. Have seen significant speed gains from the bike and the increased riding.
HTO has been great through out and helped me get this great deal. They had an end-of-year clearance and special incentives. The service staff is very helpful in both fit and maintence. I expect great things out of this bike this fall season.

tried several others but none fit as well. Plus most of the others had limited stock avaiable to try for size. Not a manufacturers problem just a problem.

[Jun 28, 2007]
matt 24 solo

OVERALL
Strength:

great components. smooth road feel. Light. Xero wheels were surprisingly fast as I'm a mavic guy

the seat.

Great bike. Extremely smooth with out taking away to much road feel. Race ready bike right out of the box. Only thing I changed was the tires to a set of pro race2.

[May 27, 2007]

OVERALL
Strength:

Power
& Smoothness in an affordable package
Pretty nice stock wheels

Large size not an optimal fit for me - I'm six-one and 175lbs and found the top tube a bit long for me. A shorter cockpit would better suit me.

Another great bike from Giant! This is my third Giant and I think they are the best value out there. This aluminum-carbon blend is awesome. Impressive power transfer from the alu, and the carbon top half softens the ride sweetly. This thing also climbs great for a tri bike. I am sold on the alu in the power part of the frame, and I am selling my 04 TCR comp 0 road bike and getting the TCR Alliance road bike. The Alliance frames are heavier, but more than make up for this extra weight with the power you get over all carbon frames. The stock zero xgr hoops are pretty nice as well.

Cervelo Soloist for tris, Giant TCR C 0, and Trek Madone (1 day test ride).