Jamis Xenith T1 Triathlon Bike

• Full Carbon fork with front brake enclosed inside fork blades
  • Vittoria Rubino Pro 23mm tire with ultralight tubes
  • Tektro’s TT specific brakeset offers a more compact shape
  • Shimano Dura Ace drivetrain assures light
  • SRAM 10-speed chain with PowerLock connecting link

[Jul 12, 2010]
Nick

OVERALL
Strength:

Very aerodynamic, saves your quads if fitted right, comfortable, smooth shifts

Climbing and weight, the brakes are complicated and are hard to work on

I purchased this bike from a reputable seller on eBay. So far I have trained and raced a few races in 6 months. The bike is very comfortable. I had my local bike shop fit me which I would recommend. Unlike my other road bike, my legs feel fresh when I start the run in a race. The components are solid and smooth, as well.

For the money, this is a very quick bike. I have been averaging 21-22mph for the 40k leg of a triathlons. The frame is very aerodynamic with both brakes hidden behind both the fork and bottom bracket. When I was getting fitted, the bike shop owner was impressed by the shape saying that Jamis combined the best features from other companies. The wheels are so-so and when I can, I will be upgrading them. I would argue the bike is slow on the climb due to its weight. A few pounds could be dropped in the handle bars or wheels. Or I could lose few. Either way, tri bikes aren't made for climbing.

I would recommend this bike for a competive triathlete or tt-er looking to average over 20mph for a 40k leg and is on a $2000 budget. For fit, the medium is perfect for me; I am 5-11, 160lb.

Felt F55

[Mar 15, 2009]

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, Quick with very stable handling. very fast and comfortable riding.

Poor selection of tri bike accessories. had to build custom rear bottle mounts and rack.

Excellent bike. Light, fast and climbs very will which is unusual for a tri bike. I normally put four to five thousand miles a year in commuting and recreational riding. This bike has it all. Extremely comfortable, light, very stable handling characteristics. This is what a bike should be. Only problem with the bike is poor initial build up. bike was missing the wavy washer on FSA crank when delivered causing poor shifting until problem was discovered. Also, vision brake levers are very thin and hard to use on cold wet desents. Purchased with Reynolds Assault carbon rims. This bike is very very fast.

Titanium racing bike, racing recumbants, city bikes, tandems and classics