Litespeed Saber Triathlon Bike

• Rear entry dropouts

[Jan 20, 2010]
sethbotwick

OVERALL
Strength:

Ti - love it!

Litespeed warranty dept.

The Saber was a very good bike for me. I loved this bike. I had three problems during the time that I owned it. The drop out screws rusted into the frame. It cost me about $200 to send it for "warranty" work to Litespeed (LBS dissemble, shipping, LBS assembly) and 5 weeks of time. The proprietary seat post broke three times. On the final occasion, Litespeed offered to fix it but I'd have to send the frame to them again - another $200 - lesson learned. I bought a new post and then sold the frameset. The front derailleur cable rubbing on the seat tube didn't end up being that big of a deal. Still thought is was a design flaw. All in all, I really did love the Saber. I just wish Litespeed would have been better to deal with. With several companies making excellent Ti bikes, make sure you shop around. Ounce you choose, your stuck with the choice and her whole family!

Lynskey, Giant, Trek, Lemond

[Dec 17, 2009]
monty whatley

OVERALL

A year ago made the decision to buy a tri specific bike. Had always been intrigued by titanium for the durability qualities and knew a couple of other riders who wouldn't ride anything else. Eventually ended up with a carbon bike (Cervelo P2C) due to availability and price. I loved the carbon frame and the tri specific geometry greatly improved my performance over the 6 months and 3 races i participated in. One day came across a great deal on a new Saber and decided to build it up, i figured both bikes were high end and i'd keep the one i liked most. Short story is i'm down to one bike and it's titanium. The surprise was, i figured the carbon bike would be a smoother ride, not the case. The titanium frame really smooths out the bumps and my performance is same as the carbon bike, but now i don't worry about cracks or chips. Highly recommend the Saber if anyone is considering it. Doesn't necessarily have the wow factor of the new carbon frames but something about raw titanium is timeless and the bike's performance is outstanding.