Orbea Ordu Triathlon Bike

• Chain: Shimano Dura Ace

[May 13, 2010]
David

OVERALL
Strength:

Ultegra Groupset, Ride Quality, still learning

This review is on a 2010 Orbea Ora TLT. The first thing that catches your eye is how beautiful this bike is, then there are the Reynolds Strike wheels that come stock, topped off the the full Ultegra groupset. Not bad for $3800,let alone the $2000 I paid for a hardly used bike - 20 miles.
So for what really matters: ride, fit, and power. For now, and I will update this review, I can only comment on ride because I'm still tweaking fit, which impacts power.
Ride. This bike rides like a dream. Immediately I noticed how smooth this bike was on the road and at speed. I wasn't being bounced around like my other bike - Specialized Tarmac with clip-ons. I can't say if this is coming from the frame, design, or the wheelset (66mm carbon dish) - just that the bike is smooth.

I'll be honest, I haven't tried any other bikes other than my original bike, a Tarmac with clip-ons. This deal, $2000 for a $4000 bike, fell into my lap and I couldn't turn it down.

[Jul 21, 2009]
Lee

OVERALL
Strength:

Soft ride, easy to maneuver, predictable handling, comfortable even on 3+ hour rides.

You can save 5-10 watts by going with a Trek TTX, or a Cervelo P2/P3, or a Felt B series, for just a little more $$. It's not the stiffest frame out of the saddle, but not too many TT bikes are.

This is actually the review for the 2008 Orbea Ora, but since it's essentially the same as the 07 Ordu, it will have to work.

[Jun 10, 2009]
Michael

OVERALL
Strength:

stiff, lite, little to no flex

none?

This is my third year riding my Ordu and really there is little bad to say about it. I'm a bigger guy whose weight is fluctuates around 190-200. I have had no issue with flexing, no issues with the frame at all. The frame is stiff, reliable, lite, and oh my fast. I've raced with this bike in two Ironman events in lake placid and wisconsin, so I know hills, and this bike took care of them no problem.

2001 trek 2300

[Mar 24, 2008]
km53jinx

OVERALL
Strength:

ride quality, aero feel, light weight, stealth appearance

can't find any

Fabulous ride/appearances. Mine is 2008 in Black, SRAM Red Aero, Zipp 404 clinchers, Zipp Vuka bar/Zipp stem, Fizik Arion carbon saddle, WOW what a ride

Specialized '08 Transition S Works, Quick Step

[Aug 15, 2007]
Yeomeo

OVERALL
Strength:

super-aero, fast, sexy, light and easy to hold high speed. It just wants to go fast!

Tiny headtube to get your body extra flat means that I too am using extra spacers. Not a bad thing necessarily.

What a good looking bike! Changed the wheels to my TT Corima 4 spoke and used them in the local 25 to warm it up before the next Triathlon this weekend. Faster by far is how I'd describe it! I can't tell you why, but be prepared for PBs galore on this thing! Very aero design gets you right down over the front wheel for maximised speed. This makes control a little difficult to start with but you soon learn that you don't need to throw it around to get where you want to go. Very happy. Considering the road bike to match.

Trek E9, TTX, S-Works Transition

[May 11, 2007]
Andreas

OVERALL
Strength:

You WILL go fast. Great position.

You will feel the road more. A little sketchy when you first get on, but stable once up to speed.

Tested the Ordu and was blown away! THis bike is made to do one thing - go fast. Yes it is stiff and yes you feel the road more, but the speed you aachieve is unreal in comparison. I swapped out the wheels for my own to give it a fair test and truly get a sense for what the frame was doing. I never had such an experience on a bike where you can instantly tell you are MUCH faster.

Current bike - Orbea Orca. Others include Softride R1, and mountain bikes.

[Aug 20, 2006]
al cross

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff, light (superlight), colourway (blue), frame design, graphics standout lots

none....be prepared to feel the road so much more !

Just got it on Saturday. Helped build it up. Ridden today. Feels silky smooth but can feel the road through the frame as the technology in the carbon makes it super stiff. This bike is blisteringly fast. Worth the money ? Big Credit card bill but if you have the dosh, go get one..they are the muts nuts !

Trek Equinox 11

[Jul 20, 2006]
Nick

OVERALL
Strength:

Super light, stiff and responsive

The steerer tube is very short so i am runing a few spacers

The bike is a 2006 but there was no option for that. I am running Ultegra 10 speed throughout and vision tech bars. So far i have found the Ordu to be very responsive, and stable. My comparison is a Cervelo P3 alloy which feels like a much more solid bike than Ordu. The full carbon frame certainly is stiffer than i expected and I would certainly make the purchase again.

Cervelo P3 alloy