CatEye Urban Wireless Computers

Best Price At

The Urban Wireless is the wireless computer simplified. Nine functions and larger font sizes help you keep track of every detail of your ride. In addition to basic ride data, both carbon offset and calorie consumption information will not only help you

[Jun 30, 2018]
Yenrab

OVERALL
Strength:

Strength. NONE. None at all.

I just bought this Cyclocomputer CC-VT240w at my local bike store. A pain to install on the bike to start with, now it doesn't work either. Yes, I arranged the three parts of it according to in the instruction manual. Several times. All with no success. I apparently only go 0 MPH--or the product doesn't work. I'm leaning to the product not working since the bike is going just fine. Now I am limited to going back to the bike shot--a pain in my ass to drive back to--or, well, what? This piece of electronic crap cost me $60 that doesn't work is causing me only aggravation, time and money.

Purchased:
New
[Apr 19, 2013]
Joe

OVERALL
Strength:

Durability, Simplicity, Mounting Options, Customer Service

I was in Okinawa, Japan and I bought a similar looking computer at a bike shop. It seemed much nicer than other computers I've had in the past. Unfortunately, shortly after getting it, I started having problems with its mounting. I went out for a ride one very rainy day and when I hit the button to wake it up, it jumped out of its carriage and started floating down a creek running down the gutter. I fished it back out and to my surprise it took no damage from the water, but I continued to have trouble with its mounting. Since I don't speak Japanese, I contacted the US subsidiary of Cateye directly and they sent me this Urban Wireless model, which is similar in appearance to the model I bought in Okinawa, but has a much more secure carriage and a few more features. I'm very happy with it so far and very pleased with Cateye's customer service.