Sigma Sport BC 1106 DTS Computers

Sigma Sport BC 1106 is for the cyclist in need of top athletic performance. Digital transmission that is coded. No interference from other riders. The BC 1106 with its diversity of functions is the right choice for the athletically ambitious biker. Th

[Aug 31, 2017]
Tomas

OVERALL
Strength:

Speedometer stopped working, so there cant be any strengths to this piece of junk...

Speedometer/distance meter on this thing worked for like 150km, thanks Sigma for this reliable piece of junk

Do not buy this model if you are looking for a wireless speedometer...

[Oct 08, 2010]
PlatyPius

OVERALL
Strength:

1. Ease of setup
2. Ease of installation
3. Ease of use
4. Great warranty department
5. Great features for the $

Like all electronics, there have been some units that just died and a few scrambled readings. I have experienced the odd reading problem twice in the 10+ years that I have been using Sigma computers.

I have been using Sigma computers for years. I've also used Mavic, CatEye, Vetta, Trek, Specialized, Planet Bike, and I'm sure others that I've forgotten.

Sigma is the easiest computer to install and set up. Period. If you can't do it, you probably need to be reminded to breathe. If the o-rings don't work in your situation, every Sigma mount has holes for zip ties (and even includes the zip ties)

CatEye V3, Planet Bike Protege 9.0, Vetta something-or-other, Sigma Rox 9.0

[Oct 02, 2010]
Lukey

OVERALL
Strength:

big display.

All other areas.

Purchased the Sigma 1106 DTS a year ago and it is the biggest POS item I have ever owned.
First the terminal for the sensor battery died. PBK sent me a free replacement(great service). Now 6 months later the whole unit just doesnt measure speed. Fine if I only want the time but otherwise crap.

[Aug 25, 2010]
wamprunner

OVERALL
Strength:

Reliable, accurate, quick, secure, and easy mount, great customer service

Must remember to restart computer if stopped for more then 5 minutes.

I have several of these on multiple bikes both wired and wireless mounts. One of them doing double duty on a couple of bikes.

Easy to use, easy to read (unlike a Cateye Micro I also own), my LBS set them up for me with special tool Sigma provides. And it's very accurate as long as you keep your tire inflation consistent (true with any bike computer).

Had one unit fail and contacted Sigma CS... long story short, I received a brand new replacement unit in less then a week. A++ customer service. Looks nice on the bikes and easy to mount. Stays put if you use correct rubber mounting gasket and you're not pounding on the light touch buttons during use.

Cateye Micro (hard to read), Nashbar (truely a cheap POS)

[Jul 25, 2010]
Greg C

OVERALL
Strength:

looks decent, big screen, has a Clock that consistently works.

The first weakness was the instructions to set it up. After finally figuring out how to mount it via the instructions it didn't really stay on securely with the provided rubber bands. I would press the buttons on it and, it would lean over to the side of the stem. It is an awful mounting design. I ended up using one of the stronger/smaller rubber bands (that was meant for the Fork transmitter mount according to the instructions) on the mount for the computer. it aided the problem but it still will lean off to the side when buttons are pushed. So then all of a sudden after about 80 miles of use it stopped working. It would randomly start working here and there but the readings didn't seem accurate. I checked the magnet and the transmitter which seem to be working fine but, its still doing a lot of nothing randomly.

Bought this because it was cheap and all, the bike stores carried sigma. So i figured it would be a decent cyclometer. it looked nice in the package. opened it up to find some awful set up instructions.

Cat-eye strada.

[Dec 07, 2009]

OVERALL
Strength:

It has a clock that works consistently - no actually I need to take that back - even the clock stopped after 4 months - batteries died - depsite it hardly being used while it was off the bike in the shop.

where to begin

doesn't reliably give speed, distance, odometer or anything else useful

Well the question asks 'How long have you used the product?'

I have unfortunately owned this piece of rubbish for 6 months - I have tried to use it for only about 3 weeks.

It is total rubbish - do not even consider buying it.

I have had it replaced TWICE - both times took over 4 weeks for it to be sent back - same problems - 6 trips to the shop to take it back - have them 'test' it - send it back - I then go back and pick up the replacement.

I was not very happy with the service from BikePro (in Melbourne, Australia) - kept telling me it must be powerlines, tests ok, then they tell me they have lots of problems with Sigma products and are going to stop selling them - 6 months later they are still selling them - not sure how that works - surely if you know a product is poor and gives you and your customers problems you stop selling it - anyway - I had to constantly chase them for my replacement - they never once bothered to ring me despite saying they would.

So that's a review of the shop - a bit of a digression.

The unit itself - truly useless.

Like many of the other reviewers - it only works intermittently - the only function that works is the clock.

So don't buy one of these pieces of junk if you want information like speed, distance, odometer, average speed etc.

If you want a clock on your handlebars - go for it.

I have today given up on mine - literally threw it out in the rubbish - for the 6 months I've had it - I've been without a computer for about half that time - and the other half of the time when I had this garbage on my bike - all I had was a clock.

Cateye wired - I will be going back to a Cateye wired tomorrow

[Oct 21, 2009]
AlexRandall

OVERALL
Strength:

Don't know

Manual supplied doesn't make any sense or correlate to the way the computer actually works. Had to basically run a randomised multi variable series of tests before I could work out how to set it

It may be a good computer but it's very hard to tell when the manual instructions of how to set it up are different to the buttons on the computer.

Worst instructions ever encountered.

Vetta, Sigma, Polar

[Sep 19, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

it will mount on the stem

the biggest weakness is that they still make and sell these

I spent 35.00 to have headaches..i am tossing this in the trash I am not even going to try and sell it on ebay all that would do is get me negative feedback.. When you stop if you do not remember to start it, then you wont get all your trip mileage.the instructions are only toilet paper why cant a company as big as sigma write instructions that you can follow. Hard to reset, hard to install, as close to worthless as you can get..don't buy it ..

[Sep 19, 2008]
nosaj111

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap, decent features.

Does not appear to be reliable.

Seems very temperamental regarding magnet placement on spokes.
Setup per instructions. Computer works fine, then decides to quit. This has happened to me 10 or 15 times in about 250 miles of riding. I stop adjust the magnet, tinker with it a bit and all is well. Magnet does not appear to be moving on the spoke?? I am going to trash the sigma and replace! It’s just too much of a hastle.

A couple of diffet Avocet models.

[Jun 21, 2008]
lyleseven

OVERALL
Strength:

Reliable, nice looking and accurate.

It is not wireless but that is no big issue.

Got one of these on closeout at Nashbar as it was a "team" issue (red). I have had the same computer on another bike and it has behaved flawlessly. The red colored version seems to be easier to read due to its vibrant colored border.

Cateye micro wireless (very reliable); Specialized Sport (also reliable); and Polar C100 (great until it just unexplainedly quit one day); same for the Mavic Win-Tech (met a sudden demise!)