Sigma Sport Sport Targa Computers

Sigma Sport Targa

[Mar 22, 2007]
Mick

OVERALL
Strength:

stem placement
big numbers
endurance

no backlight-would be good for night riding

I ride fairly technical rock in Australia and have had no issues, great computer. I have riden this computer for over five years now and have had none of the problems people are talking about. I just replaced the battery and found this review in the process. Rock solid construction, accurate, easy to use and install.

this is first computer, why go anywhere else

[Jul 15, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

- inexpensive - good features

- not easy to mount - not durable; strange behaviour after a fall - resets itself after 10 hrs of riding

This computer did do the job for me for the last two years but it also gave me a lot of trouble. Firstly, I had a hard time setting it up - had to secure it with additional bands to make sure the fork sensor stays in its place. Secondly, it has an annoying feature - all settings (except for the odometer) get reset after 10 hours of riding! That's simply ridiculous! Finally, after I dropped my bike earlier this summer, the computer has been acting really strange. Now whenever I cycle between features (i.e., when I am pressing the button at the bottom to see what my distance, average speed etc. were) the computer starts acting as if it were on a bike and going somewhere! So now I keep it on "distance" almost always, and if I want to look up average speed, I have to press the button several times very slowly because the faster I press it, the more screwed up the readings get. Weird!

CatEye

[Nov 13, 2003]
Palle Raahauge
Cross Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Simple Great looking Big digits

None yet

This is my first "real" bikecomputer, and it does the job. I had some problems fitting the sensor on mu frontfork, sinse it is very thick. The rubberbands work great once they on. It does what it is suposed to, nothing more nothing less.

Some cheap stuff from the supermarket

[Oct 19, 2003]
GizmoStu
Weekend Warrior

OVERALL
Strength:

Sturdy good looking, accurate (if carefully calibrated) and easy to install. Good up to 186 MPH so great for an accurate speedo on motorcycles.

Random resets

This is a great cycle computer which works equally well on my motorcycle. Cost £19 uk. It has two wheel size memories so you can switch bikes easily. The problem that most are concerned about seems to be the distance between the sensor and the spoke magnet. This is easily sorted by moving the sensor and magnet towards the centre of the wheel until less than 5mm gap is achieved. The only problem I have encountered is that the computer occasionally resets itself and looses all the settings Odometer etc.

Cateye and Trek computers.

[Sep 29, 2003]
jjohnlee

OVERALL
Strength:

Price Simple Cheap

None none far

I bought this computer for my Kona NuNu and it has worked very well for me (800 miles+/-). I was sceptical about the rubber bands, but they haven't been a problem. Good simple computer - and cheap!

Sigma BC1400 Nashbar brand computer

[Sep 18, 2003]
Xr500r

OVERALL
Strength:

Large display

Really fiddly sender installation.. Sigma should supply some materials to 'pack out' the sender, to ensure that it is less than 5mm from the magnet.

Can't say too much about it as I haven't got one that works yet.