Vetta C500 Cyclometer Computers

Vetta C500 Cyclometer

[Sep 19, 2004]

won't last forever.

I have had three of these . They are useless when the weather changes, anything changes.THey are tempermental and if I could find something as cheap I would buy it.

[Nov 17, 2003]
Mitch from Canada
Cross Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Durability, low power consumption. Weatherproofness Easy to use, big buttons, can be pressed with winter gloves

Could reset unexpectedly and mileage could not be re-entered. Wish it had cadence.

Have had this computer for almost 5-6 years. I have the wireless version and still have the original batteries. Easy to read, lots of functions (missing cadence). Only problem: when I first got it and it reset after about a year, and I was upset that I couldn't reintroduce my mileage. I readjusted the battery contacts and haven't had any problems since. Stuck a piece of thin cardboard in there to stop the battery from moving around.

some ultra-cheap sporting store variety

[May 24, 2003]
Bart Kreutzer
Weekend Warrior

OVERALL
Strength:

Durability...I have had this thing in the shed for three years. Bought batteries today and fired it back up...The Sigma cyle computer I bought a couple of years ago faded out on me. I went with the Sigma cause it had cadence capabilities.But the Vetta still lives the Sigma is dead.

Dunno...I have to start using it again to remember if it has any. But I need some help. I lost my instructions. I need to know what number I need to key into it for a 700c by 20 wheel size. If anybody knows please e-mail me. [email protected]

I bought the Vetta C500 long time ago I dunno...5 years ago maybe? When did they first come out? That is probably when I bought it.

Sigma Wireless forget the model number 1200 maybe I dunno.